• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Brightness Issue

tuffgong

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
1,696
I'm about to purchase a 22" Viewsonic for a ridiculously low price, but the seller states that the colors are a bit darker then usual. My question is, can certain software fix these issues?

I know I haven't given any real details, that's because I don't actually have it yet. I'm getting it for under $100.
 
For $80 I'm willing to take the risk. Plus the seller said I could get $60 of my money back if I wasn't satisfied.

Now back to the brightness issue...is that a sure sign the monitor is dying? I have another old monitor with brigthness issues that is at least 5 years old and still running. Can't they be repaired somehow (without paying a ridiculous price)?
 
bump
biggrin.gif
 
For 80 dollars that's a super deal for a 22", and if the seller is willing to give you back 60 if you're not satisfied I think that's very little to lose. Will he let you check out the picture quality before you buy?

As for the brightness, I noticed one of my lcd monitors takes a bit longer to brighten up to it's max setting than when I first got it... this would be normal I assume if you've owned the lcd for a while. But if the monitor colours are constantly dim, then yeah I'd say the backlight is on it's way out.
 
I assume your talking about a 22" CRT and that would be a yes. Its not so much a sign of it dying but all CRT monitors start to dim over time. I believe the only way to really fix this is a new tube but thats kind of pricey if you can actually get that done anywhere.
 
yep its a crt...thanks for the info...i think ill take it though and live off of it for a while till the widescreen lcd prices drop.

thanks for the help guys
 
If you're bold enough you could open it up and adjust the brightness pot.
 
hmmm...not that brave yet.

i'm trying to install the viewsonic p220fb drivers, but they are not listed in the hardware installation, even after i download them...i'm going nuts. no place has them either.

...update

figured it out...thanks
 
Back
Top