• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Brightness/flickering problem with LCD

wizje

n00b
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
3
Well, i just bought an LG L1750USN lcd monitor. The problem is, that the screen upper area is darker than the rest of the screen (not much darker, but its noticeble). Btw, I dont really know anything about lcd-s, but is this normal ? And i can notice some flickering at grey tones also.

Should i send the monitor back ? or ... :cool:
 
I don't know anything about this monitor, but the observations you report should not be there.
Provided you are looking at the LCD straight, there should be no noticable differences in color (well, ok, maybe a VERY MINOR one due to angles, but nothing obvious at first sight). And there deffinitely should be no flickering. Make sure you are running at the proper refresh rate, native res, and run via DVI although I don't think that should affect it. There should be no flickering in any case.
If you have a choice or returning it, do it. I did a lot of research on LCDs and LG never really came up in reviews (pros and users), hence I assume it's rather a mediocre LCD maker. Try to go with someone more established, like Samsung, Dell, Viewsonic...these are usually good LCD makers.
 
Back
Top