Brighest UV LED for my res?

Despotes

Gawd
I just installed the XSPC D5 Photon 170 pump/reservoir and it came with a 5mm UV LED/cable to slide up next to the center rod, but it's very dim. Are there any "ultra bright" cabled UV LEDs that actually are ultra bright?

I prefer to snip and solder new bulbs on as you can get pretty exotic/bright LED bulbs packs for cheap on fleabay. That said, the light output listed on this kit seems to match some of the brightest individual bulbs I could find. If that still isn't bright enough, you'll want to venture into wiring a 12v LED to a molex connector. A lot of brightness is determined by how much power can be supplied, the 12v option is probably the only way to max out your light. UV will always have lower output than other color options.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Beware of UV degradation if you go crazy.
Industrial LEDs of high output will need heat sinking.

I haven't found any nice ones. The standalone UV led's widely available (EK, Bitspower etc.) give off a decent amount of purple light but are really useless in the UV spectrum.
Decent UV leds actually give of little visible light, but really hit the low end (Eg. 365nm)

What did work for me however are some of those cablemod UV strips. Plenty of light due to the number and power of the emitters, and quite easy enough to use.
- The waterproof sealing on mine seem to be degrading though. Wouldn't really recommend at full price.
- I'd probably just use UV led strips from a non name brand without the weather sealing.

Back