Bricked Droid

HelioX

Gawd
Hey guys,

Rooted my Moto Droid and used ROM Manager to install Cynagen Mod 6.0RC1. All was good, backup completed etc...however when it was done flashing and automatically rebooted, it keeps making the X over and over, I let it sit for 10 minutes and it will NOT do anything else.

If I plug it into the charger, it'll turn on and start trying to boot, but never boot. Tried flashing back with the SPF recovery module I used to flash back to 2.1, and it just keeps looping the boot animation.

Any ideas or is it broken? :/

Had the same problem with my N1. Wiped and it was fine after that.

Worst case download the official 2.2 OTA package, wipe and reinstall.

Try another rom. I am writing this post on my Droid running ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning 4.5. If you can access recovery mode your phone is recoverable. Here is the link for Chevy's roms if you are interested.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/

I have had my Droid stuck many times at the boot loader, but always recovered the sucker. Just try new roms and kernels until you find the one that works.

I'd try a full wipe in Recovery (Data, Cache, etc) and then either restart the flashing process on the ROM you are using, or try a different ROM.

Was able to hold down X and get into the menu...performed factory data/cache wipe and rebooted.

We're now only booting up the M logo, and not getting any farther.

Should I try using RSD Lite to flash it or something?

Thanks!

looks like your getting close, but if you get stuck again go over to droidforums.net. Those guys already had the same issue and solved it.

Out of ideas on how to get past the damn boot screen. Feels like I don't have any software to load, and its just doing the bootloader or something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to flash back to stock 2.2? This is my girlfriends phone and I need to fix it very soon if I want to have a penis.

Success!

Was able to flash back to find the stock android VZW sbf file and got it working again with RSD Lite.....Never been so happy to see the Droid eye!

thats b/c your GF would have killed you. I learned many years ago not mess with the girl's tech toys. Glad you got it.

Yea you have to wipe before the flash I found that out the hard way as well, going from a 2.1 rom to a 2.2 rom

i can fix it.

first flash spf recovery by going to usb mod with the keypad left arrow when bottom up.

than after that is flashed.

boot up holding the r button.

that will go into the recovery firmware and you can flash it with anything you want.

make sure you try flashing with different firmwares. once i bricked my phone that was the way to fix for me.

flashing the same firmware didnt reset the settings

Back