Brazos and Storage cards: sitrep?

blinkenflamingo

Weaksauce
Hi,

During my extensive search to replace my Synology box I stumbled upon the Brazos E350 platform. This seems perfect for a small storage server due to low power and a PCI-E slot for a raid or expander card.

The thing is, I read somewhere that some E350 boards don't handle RAID and/or expander controllers as they should. I'm having trouble finding more information on the extend of this problem and whether this can be fixed by BIOS updates or not.

Is this fixed or still and existing problem, effectively eliminating Brazos from the low power NAS landscape?

I just put a Br10i into an ASrock e350 board and it seemed to work. Although Im on vacation now and something is up cause I can't access my server. Not sure what the deal is.

The card seemed to work fine.

I had read somewhere that you have to leave the integrated graphics on it's default setting or auto detect for some boards to recognize a pci-e card of any type.

So it sounds like some boards are just fine and others are a nogo. It surprises me that there are so few experiences on this.

Quite a few people are running storage systems based on the E-350 without any problems. This could be an issue specific to certain manufacturers/models. I've heard nothing bad about the boards personally (not saying that makes them perfect ;) ).

Back