Brand new GTS 250, somewhat scared about which drivers to install.

Tantalum

n00b
So I just got a GTS 250 from Newegg and I am wondering which drivers I should install, from what I have been reading on these forums the past few days there is a chance that if I install the wrong driver I could end up breaking my mobo and/or video card.

There is also the fact that some of the newer drivers don't work correctly and artifact in newer games.

Could anyone recommend which driver would be best(Have the least chance of damaging my video card, causing random crashing, while still giving good frame rates in MW2 and such).

I installed every beta that comes out for all my OSes and no issues at all. Use drive sweeper to remove previous version and that is all.
Regards

I don't think I've ever read about drivers killing mobos / video cards. Software shouldn't kill hardware unless it's maxing it out like furmark or maybe it's a console.

The "best" driver... who knows? Sorry I can't help you much, but if you have problems with the latest beta release go to nvidia's WHQL drivers.

I'm running the latest drivers just fine with no issues on my 275. (Not the betas.)

Back