• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Brainstorm: Is this PSU idea possible?

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
1,797
Would it be possible to take a 300W ITX PSU and use it as a dedicated GPU supply?

I'm pondering this question for an ultra SFF project. I know a 150W graphics card is rated for 75W power draw off the 6 pin 12V. The PSU in question has 2 12V rails, each rated at 14 amps. Theoretically, the PSU would have ample supply. In practice however, I'm not sure it's possible.

The setup I'm thinking about would be this: ITX mobo, 160W PicoPSU for the ATX supply, and a possible ITX PSU.

My research has shown that a true dedicated GPU supply plugs into the ATX connector itself, which leads me to think that the 2 supplies are somehow "communicating" maybe? That's why I'm doubtful the stand alone can be done.

Can anybody who knows more about this topic than me check in?
 
Back
Top