Brain fart question

vage

2[H]4U
OK I am seriously just not able to put the pieces together in my head on this one. I know its really not that difficult, but I keep blanking and I need some help.

I have a D-Link Wireless G router at home. I also have my main rig which has two LAN ports on it. I hooked one up so that my host OS can surf the internet and do whatever it needs to do. I also have several VMs running on my host OS and all of those get their internet connection by bridging it to the second NIC. This way the host IP and the VM IPs are completely separate (I do this for preference, there is no real reason at the moment).

Anyway, one of the VMs is my PERL station, I use it for scripting and trying out my PERL scripts, it is running Fedora9. I need to be able to access this from my work, which I know I can do through SSH. Now how do I need to setup my SSH tunnel and my port forwarding on my router to make it go directly to the VM and make sure it won't go to any of the other ones?

Is that all I really have to do? I told you I wasn't thinking clearly today, I thought I was going to have to do something stupid to get it to work. Thanks.

Is that all I really have to do? I told you I wasn't thinking clearly today, I thought I was going to have to do something stupid to get it to work. Thanks.

That's all you should have to do...I've done it in the past with success... VMs get ip addresses just like any other computer on a network. If you can ping the VM from another PC on the network that's all you should have to do.

Back