Braiding PSU cables

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by SvenBent, Aug 9, 2016.

1. SvenBent

SvenBent 2[H]4U

Am I the only one that hates how power cables make small loops from device to device...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There perfect fit for my SSD and 2 HDD's

:D

P.S.
    Apologize for the Danish mumble jumble... its an inside joke so not important

If you are wanting to do this for 5'25 drive the distance between the sata connectors should be 1.7inches or slightly more

2. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

I often braid loose cabling inside new cases. The Power/Reset/HDDLed/PWRLed cabling is MUCH easier to handle when you take the two minutes to braid them. If a case also has multiple USB/Audio headers, they get braided as well.

Nice work. Looks clean.

Nobu likes this.
  3. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

Only thing i dont like is its not ALL braided......Honestly i hate flat power cable as well. I wish i had all round possibly even shielded cables. (Which be hard to do it yourself) Is that round tube thing some kind of clip on ferrite?

4. Zurginator

Zurginator Gawd

I actually did this many, many years ago for GPU cables. They look great when displayed:
    [​IMG]

5. Bageland2000

Bageland2000 Limp Gawd

I've never thought of this. My cables are sleaved, but this would be a great idea when I need a more simple solution for building PCs for friends or on the side.

6. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

All I can see when I think about that many Fermi GPUs in that small of a space is just how hot did they get!?

7. Nobu

Nobu 2[H]4U

I believe it is--at least, it looks like one of those things that you sometimes see on TV power cables or VGA cables.