Braided Tubing

I've pretty much finished building my watercooled rig... and i'm using braided tubing much like the other people here. Right now I only have the waterblock on the cpu, and I was planning on making the blocks for the gpu and nb in a month or so... or perhaps next year when i'm finished school. Anyhow, do you guys find that the braided tubing kinks much on you? Because getting it to go from cpu, to vid to nb or cpu to nb to vid would involve some pretty extreme angles in the tubing, and I have noticed some kinkage already with the tubing.

Also, does anybody know how much pressure I can apply on my cpu before it will break? I have a 2500+ and i've made my own waterblock and hold down mechanism in combination /w the backplate from the SLK900 with compression springs, but I don't think I have enough pressure on the cpu with the springs.

Any input is appreciated.

As far as pressure on the CPU goes, my heatsink right now is pretty tight. I thought i was going to break the plastic clamps/levers when i was putting it in.

Keep a sharp eye out for the kinking. If a whole tube collapses that could cause some serious problems. I have 3/8" tygon and have bent it pretty tightly without any kinkage, but I dont' know for the braided stuff.

Yeah, for tight turns you can't beat the soft Tygon. Swiftech's Coolsleeves are also good for kink preventions.

AMD spec's say 30 pounds of compressive force is the limit for an XP. Mcmaster-Carr has a good selections of springs if you want be sure of how much force you are applying.

Are you talking about the vynil tubing with braided fiber reinforcement? I used to use that, Clearflex is now what I use and it's much better. The reinforced vynil is very stiff and still could not bend as tightly as Clearflex before kinking. Mainly, I was worried about uneven block mounting pressure because the bending put some torque on the waterblock.

I've got 1/2" ID tubing which is braided. (dunno if it's fiber, but it's braided... where abouts can I get this clearflex? any online stores you guys know of? or better... walk-in stores)

Do you guys think I could go with no springs at all and put like 3-4 plastic washers with one steel one on top, then the nut. Thus providing some cushion with the plastic. Just because I don't know if i can put enough pressure down with these springs I have, theyre pretty stiff.... but i'm pretty sure i could put about 10-15 lbs of pressure before they don't compress anymore.

Back