Braid on PSN, seriously?

4saken

[H]F Junkie
Never bought this game on 360 or Steam, but seemed like everyone was swinging on this games balls like it was the best thing since sliced bread. First off, i buy every PSN release, no matter how shitty, just a weakness i have so i would have got this regardless.

Now to the game, seriously? Can anyone explain to me w/o using phrases like, It's awesome!, or It's so unique!, etc ,etc, why people thought this game was good?

Its about as fun as watching paint dry, seriously, so i go around gathering puzzle pieces, and i cant get some puzzle pieces in earlier levels until i go to later levels and find a piece that has like a bridge in it. Riveting gameplay. Yes, im flaming this turd. 100%. So maybe im missing something, i played about an hour, because every game deserves a fair chance, but never for the life of me found one thing remotely enjoyable. I love celtic/irish/scottish fiddling and the soundtrack would be interesting if it didnt feel ilke it was just slapped on because someone thought it would be neato.

eh, different strokes for different folks :) I really liked it, personally. Thought the time traveling was a unique approach

Umm... it's a puzzle game where you test your brain rather than your reflexes. More than that, the art is fantastic. If you want to see why people love it, why don't you just read some of the reviews, which were pretty much all massively positive.

Start with this one: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/braid-review (They're pretty much always the best written reviews)

Also, you buy every PSN release? What on earth is wrong with you? I can't imagine all the garbage you've purchased just for the hell of it. At least play some demos.

Umm... it's a puzzle game where you test your brain rather than your reflexes. More than that, the art is fantastic. If you want to see why people love it, why don't you just read some of the reviews, which were pretty much all massively positive.

Start with this one: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/braid-review (They're pretty much always the best written reviews)

Also, you buy every PSN release? What on earth is wrong with you? I can't imagine all the garbage you've purchased just for the hell of it. At least play some demos.

impulse shopping, and yeah tonso garbage.

I just didnt think the puzzles were hard at all, bounce of this goomba here, run over this ladder in the painting here, etc etc. Once you figured out that stuff once, the rest was cake.

As far as the art went, it wasnt bad, but it felt cheap overall, and felt like an indy game, which it is of course. But i supposed diff strokes for diff folks, just didnt impress me 1 bit.

Did you get the hidden stars? The puzzles for them were much harder on the whole.

If you didn't enjoy the rest of the game though, I wouldn't bother.

[Edit - Wait, you played an hour? You wont have got to the challenging stuff yet]

Back