• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

boycott Multiplay.co.uk servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnin8r

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
1,211
I posted in the Complaints section of the Multiplay.co.uk server forum regarding being kicked from a UT3 game after exchanging words with two players that were using aimbots. I thought it was odd that the admin (Blizzard_Wolf) would ban me as opposed to these blatant cheaters. The admin proceeds to perm me from all Multiplay servers in response to my forum post.

I responded that I understood it was easier to ban those that question how poorly the server is run rather than make the effort to police the server more effectively. I also made the observation that either this moderator (again, Blizzard_Wolf) doesn't care to regulate hacks on the Multiplay servers or insinuated the possibility that he was actually in collusion with them. Instead of an intelligent response, the cowardly moderator deleted my post and banned my IP from the forum. Its not that hard to browse the web with a spoofed IP, (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see that my post was deleted) but I would not go as far as to mask my IP to play on their hack / cheat / aimbot friendly servers.

At this point, my stance is that being banned from servers where hacks are rampant and the moderator is either too stupid to recognize it, indifferent to cheating, or somehow affiliated with these cheaters is in no way a form of punishment, they are actually doing me a favor. I would ask that all [H] forum members currently playing UT3 on Multiplay servers cease to do so going forward. They have demonstrated that their servers are a place where fair play is not a priority, and the admins are more concerned with carrying out personal vendettas against individuals rather than addressing the actual problem at hand.

The UT3 community is very tiny at the moment so you will probably see the same blatant cheaters on all Multiplay.co.uk servers if you choose not to join me in boycotting them. If anyone wants to sign up with the Multiplay forums to comment on how posts in the Complaints section are deleted without any explanation, or to show support for honest players like myself that have been banned due to a 19 year old moderator that abuses his admin status to compensate for his embarrassingly small penis, here is the link:

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58309&goto=newpost
 
That's just plain stupid, I'd say he knew those said "hackers". I hate admins who are dumb.
 
Sucks dude, and sadly cheating will only get worse. Online is rarely worth it anymore. Its the reason you'll find thousands of skilled players online, yet about 2 at a LAN party or tourny. Its the reason I mop the floor with players at the LAN, they don't have their hacks or their ping advantage, and the ones who do, won't be showing up.

If you can play anon, people will continue to cheat... There is no real threat or danger in using and being caught using cheats online. Maybe if before each match you had to place your nutsack in a blender to initialize the game, and if you cheat, the blender turns on... hmm, well maybe not that extreme. :p

Best bet is to always find a server or servers with active admins you know you can trust and also goto when you need their help. Multiplay.co.uk servers are shit, so fuck em! :D
 
its funny, the moderators have posted a fake version of the circumstances leading up to the ban on the forum.

The mods are just as crooked as those that were cheating.
 
This is why I prefer developer/publisher hosted multiplayer servers. Servers hosted by third party groups (individuals or companies that rent servers) tend to have a high concentration of assholes, and no one to deal with them.
 
Meh. I've been playing games for many years now (Delta force series, Starcraft, CS series, bf2, COD series, ect) and i've never really seen a lot of cheaters.

Please don't get to mad at my views but...

It sounds like you're all bad at the game so anyone who is better then you is labeled a hacker. I realize people do hack but what most people don't realize is that there are people out there who can get a positive score without hacking.

My friend for example is banned from tons of servers in UT2k4, COD2, and COD4. The reason why is because he's very good at the games. He gets called a hacker all the time but I know that he doens't hack. It just takes one newb to cry wolf and then you have a whole group of people crying until an admin eventually gets annoying and just bans the alleged hacker.
 
have you contacted someone else at the company, perhaps someone above these moderators?

can i ask what rpoof you have the people are using aimbots? like the above, i have been playing online for at least 9 years now and only once or twice have i ever seen blatent hacking, most of the time it is, as said, the person sucks and cant admit someone is better then them so they scream HACKER!!! in our clan, if you call someone a hacker and can't prove it, you get banned, you should spec' the person, if you can, record them, if you can and get a case before crying hacker.


examplem in cs:s, most hacks are very very obvious, people spinning in a cirle rapid and people dying, speed hacks, wall hacks, all obvious when you spec someone for a round or 2.
 
if either MrHood or MrGuverment had read any of my posts here regarding UT3, they would know that while I tend to find my name closer to the top of the scoreboard, I do acknowledge that there are plenty of players better than myself. I am not the type to scream hack! whenever anyone gets the better end of an exchange with me. I am a rational adult, manager of 42 servers for a billion dollar publisher of directories. The moderator in question is a random 19 year old punk, obviously new to managing anything in life and hellbent on flexing his admin status.

if you didn't know, UT3 has *no* anti-cheat measures at the moment. The built in demo recorder hasn't been enabled, yet the game has been out almost half a year already. I spec every server before joining, believe me, I can spot a cheat. More often than not, their reply is "YUO JUST SUX0R" even if I haven't even joined the game. Regardless of my skill level, there is no other way to explain multiple consecutive headshots, launching AVRILs without ever using alt fire, aiming through walls with vehicles while moving in random directions, or running from one end of the map to the other collecting power ups, never having to wait for them to spawn.

The problem is much bigger than just the Multiplay.co.uk servers, but I take issue with them for being bullies instead of making an effort to address the problem in their own backyard. It doesn't help that the number of people playing UT3 is so small that out of the five to ten active servers, three or more are being run by Multiplay.co.uk. The bottom line is, nobody wins here. I am not trying to get my ban lifted, their servers are still full of hackers, and their admins / forum moderators are douche bags... hence the call to boycott anything with their name on it.
 
A quick read through that link and I see this:

Blizzard_Wolf said:
Hi,

I kept an eye on the server chat after burnin8r reported cheating, and no one else complained except him. He was warned serveral times that no one was cheating, yet he still continued his actions. He then started to abuse the players that was legit, which isnt allowed on the server. He was warned serveral times and kicked, but he still continued. He was banned for 1 week for excessive swearing but he continued afterwards. So he is now banned.
 
i am sure they do, and no, i have not see other post by you, so i wouldnt know, just playing the other side of it because i do see more people like that, then i ever do actual hackers.
 
What you have to realise is that 9 times out of 10 most cheat accusations are made because the player thinks that he/she is the best in the world, yet is getting their ass handed to them by someone who is a genuinely skilled player, not a botter. We do our best to weed out those who do cheat, but spotting a cheat is not as easy as you may think.

I wasn't the admin who banned you, but looking at your chat logs, your language was completely unacceptable towards other players, which is a ban worthy offense straight off the bat.

There are several reasons why you were banned.

1. We are NOT hack friendly admins. Most of the time you complained about people hacking, I went to check and they were legit players. And you were warned about accusing people of hacking.

2. Your language to other players was highly abusive. You were banned before for your language and you still continued.

Since your first ban hasnt taught you, we have now permanently banned you for your actions.

I kept an eye on the server chat after burnin8r reported cheating, and no one else complained except him. He was warned serveral times that no one was cheating, yet he still continued his actions. He then started to abuse the players that was legit, which isnt allowed on the server. He was warned serveral times and kicked, but he still continued. He was banned for 1 week for excessive swearing but he continued afterwards. So he is now banned.

Dude... Sounds like you were pretty much acting like an asshole.
 
Whining about their practices here isn't going to do you any good and is not welcome here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top