Boycott Expansion until Battlefield 2 is fixed

Oddjob

n00b
EA is beginning to push their luck. Announcing an exp pack on a game that still has lots of bugs that need to be fixed. They already recalled a patch and are taking their sweet ass time to create a replacement. We as a gaming community need to boycott the expansion pack. The community needs to boycott anything further released by EA until we get the proper mod and map making tools that they have promised. It is time to take action. The planned expansion pack is nothing more then something a simple mod team could make. Who cares about gimmicky nightvision and zip lines. Who cares about them deleting light actors and saying "we have night time maps". They haven't even included any new classes for their special forces planned exp.

Here is a link to the thread on planetbattlefield

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1700304

Here is a link to their BS expansion pack

http://pc.ign.com/articles/632/632446p1.html

Support the concept by placing something in your sigs where you post about it.

ea_boycott1.jpg

ea_boycott2.jpg

ea_boycott3.jpg

ea_boycott4.jpg

Interesting... But I ain't gonna put one of those pics in my sig. I'm not buying the expansion pack unless BF2 gets a lot of fixing... quickly. I love the game, but EA is screwin' it up a bit. Enjoy!

In the link to the post they have the technical issues. Most of them are server side. Not counting the memory leaks the servers periodically crash for no reason. The whole stuttering issue is a big problem also. Not to mention their craptastic patching.

My boycott was realizing the demo was extremely flawed then proceeding to not buy the game in the first place.

Well the game has great potential and the game needs several fixes. They are just more concerned with advertising all over the place for an exp pack before they have fixed what they have. I am all for adding an exp pack to a game provided its at the right time with the right amount of content. Them announcing this and talking about it before they have even released a fixed version of their crap patch is just really bad business.

You're boycotting something you can't even buy yet. Relax, the patches (that work) will be out far before the Expansion Packs.

hmm what exactly is wrong with it? Mine runs great, but then again im not trying to game on 2 year old hardware...

wow....just wow. I can understand frustration but ease up man. its how old? a few weeks? chill out, play something else for awhile then get back into it if its pisses ya off that much

Grimmda said:
Relax, the patches (that work) will be out far before the Expansion Packs.

You're talking about EA here.

The EA that hastily puts out a patch, then withdraws it...Their only response for fixing the mess the patch causes?

UNINSTALL, THEN REINSTALL.

Forgiveness for the caps, and my recent hardball EA bashing lately, but come on. That's simply LUDICROUS, in this day and age.

Their only saving grace is that the game's remotely even fun. If they didn't have the Madden franchise to carry them financially, they might be shitting a few more teflon bricks about it.

Bottom line? EA has evidently NOT learned a thing at all since the BF:V debacle.

fix your bugs, then release an expansion....All they hear is a faint buzzing.

done.

The game needs some work admitedly but there's seriously nothing majorly wrong with the game. Now the menus...wow, I wish they were more steam-like, though many would disagree with me. The expansion isn't even coming out for months, so why boycott something you currently cannot? Patches will come out soon enough. Patience is a virtue. :)

P.S.: Dice releases Battlefield 2 patches, not EA, and they're trying their best. Same thing happened with BF 1942 when it was first released.

1) Most of you are gamers, not business owners. So you know jack sales. EA isn't in this to make a great game for a niche consumer base. They are looking to rake in sales and expand their pockets. Putting out an expansion that was designed the same time the game was is a great idea.

2) EA owes you nothing. Read the terms and agreements, it probably even tells you in there that they don't care about you.

3) Even being liberally optimistic, you might get a couple hundred people to do this. Which in turn is a drop in the bucket for the tens of thousands that will actually buy it.

4) Start leaving your moms basement and stop worrying so much about a fricken video game.

threads like this proove that EA owns you... me for that matter

I realized before buying the game that EA purposely releases unfinished work to finance themselves and finish the game for real through a series of patches....

BF1942 had some realy bad patches in the begining too; none were retracted like this but they did and see how popular it stayed..

If I was EA I would have done the same thing....

yes what bugs? i only have a 9800 pro and can run this game superb...your pc's are crap or u dont know how 2 use it properly, game has no serious bugs for me

Anyone one else here thinking boycotting something that doesn't exist seem silly..

Of course you can brag..

"Yea my boycott is working! 0 people have bought the expansion! EA will feel my wraith!"

just palyed it again... what bugs? I even looked for them this time...

n00b

Satyrist said:
You're talking about EA here.

The EA that hastily puts out a patch, then withdraws it...Their only response for fixing the mess the patch causes?

UNINSTALL, THEN REINSTALL.

Forgiveness for the caps, and my recent hardball EA bashing lately, but come on. That's simply LUDICROUS, in this day and age.

Their only saving grace is that the game's remotely even fun. If they didn't have the Madden franchise to carry them financially, they might be shitting a few more teflon bricks about it.

Bottom line? EA has evidently NOT learned a thing at all since the BF:V debacle.

fix your bugs, then release an expansion....All they hear is a faint buzzing.

done.

Both BFV and BF1942 had virtually all of their bugs fixed, and both had new maps and content added with patches. The EXACT same will happen with BF2.

i think ea will fix them sooner or later .. glad they dont write software for airplanes .. we would have alot of crashes ...

give it a little time ... i have had a few crashes and lockups .. so i do understand your frustration ..

OMG THAT MAN IS A PHOTOSHOP GAWD !

FORGET THE SIG! I'M GETTING THOSE TATTOOED ON MY FOREHAED! ALL 5 OF EM!

My Battlefield 2 works perfectly.

I'm looking forward to the expansion myself. ;)

If you dont find any bugs or glitches when you play BF2, then your not actually playing BF2.

Converge said:
If you dont find any bugs or glitches when you play BF2, then your not actually playing BF2.

So? If the bugs / glitches are not affecting my gameplay in a big way, I could care less. So what if I had a couple of CTD thus far, I am still able to play the game (the longest was a 6 hour session without problems).

Not another boycott/bash EA thread. You losers should get lost.
To me, BF2 (like BF42 and BFV) is a perfect game. Why? Cause I can spend hours every night for months having a blast with the game. If the expansion came out today, I would buy it now. Every game has bugs. As long as they are minor, I deal with it.

Ok, I'll admit it. I get a CTD every 3 days or so and every now and then I'll connect to a server that is crashing cuz of the memory leak (which will hopefully be fixed now) and that's it. Otherwise it's just great gameplay, smooth framerates (even better with the 2 gigs of ram I just got) and good fun.

Break out the pitchforks! Dammit, someones gonna pay for my misery! lol. :p

Oh, and I play a few hours just about every day.

I saw all this bitching when BF1942 was first released also (1942 was stable for me back on first release just like BF2 is for me now).

Converge said:

HOLY SHIT! What the hell have I been playing for hours on end and having a blast with? It's all in my head? What a fuckin smart guy he is..... :rolleyes:

Converge said:

if u do have bugs when playing bf2 then ur pc is a retard, or the user is

jonneymendoza said:
if u do have bugs when playing bf2 then ur pc is a retard, or the user is

That's stupid. BF2 is a buggy piece of shit. You can still have fun playing. Doesn't mean the bugs aren't there.

Why are you BF2 noobs so sensitive about your precious game? Nothing wrong with lighting a fire under EA's corporate ass to fix their glitches.

Now go back to spawn camping....

EricDawg said:
That's stupid. BF2 is a buggy piece of shit. You can still have fun playing. Doesn't mean the bugs aren't there.

Why are you BF2 noobs so sensitive about your precious game? Nothing wrong with lighting a fire under EA's corporate ass to fix their glitches.

Now go back to spawn camping....

Don't be ignorant. What, we can only post in this thread if we're gonna bash EA? And if we like BF2 we must be "spawn-camping noobs"? :rolleyes:

Back