boxen building

gwarren007

Fully [H]
I noticed on the "boxen building guide" that my setup was recommened. Biostar tforce 6100-939, 1gb of ram and 7200 rpm harddrive. It was running at 2.4, but the Smp (windows/linux -both ) the WU was great-for the first unit. Then the Mpiexec and csrss files came up to 50% and the performance went down.Down from 29m/f to 65m/f. Why is this?
240fsb
1.350v
960ht
Thanks for the help.

What WU was it working on? Myself, I haven't seen too much difference in frame times in SMP but I don't have time to watch it too much. Also, when you have an array of every box being different as long as it gets the WU done ontime, I tend not to care. Have you made sure nothing else is using the CPU? The times per frame you posted looks like a huge change esp. if it's working on the same WU.

If you started with a p2652 and then got a p2610, that could explain the huge time difference. Take a look at the ppd spreadsheet anad compare some
times from others with similar setups.

It's one of the beta bugs. Did your net work change in any way.
In task manager only the Fah cores should be using the cpu.
If you have 2 instances of mpiexec running thats the problem.:(

i started with a 2651m/f and on the second i recieved a 2652 and it was crunching at 22m/f. About halfway thru it went to 65m/f.

This happened on two occasions.

Back