Boxen blew a PSU!

LoRDZiMBO

Limp Gawd
My i5 4Ghz system just blew a Antec Neo 500w. :eek:

Just goes to show you that 24/7 folding brings out the weak hardware.

Thank goodness the PSU didn't take anything else with it. :D

I blew up 4 850W generic PSUs in 1 week when I first started ramping up. You definately need good hardware, and you definately find weaknesses, even with what is normally quality stuff.

There's a died in the line of duty thread that's quite big and definitely supports what you said. I've been lucky so far with folding. Overclocking has taken a few cheap motherboards from me though.

i have blown 3 motherboards and 3 psu in 6 months. no more cheap psu's or motherboards for me.

That's not really a weak psu though :D
If you mean it's a Neo Eco, that's a Seasonic...that's good stuff. It happens, man. :eek: I had a VX550 die recently which was/is temporarily replaced with a Neo Eco 620w. ;)

I'm sorry to hear about that, but you should definately make a post in the "Died in the Line of Duty Thread."

Folding runs your system harder than almost anything else. Not only is your system running at 120% especially for you hardcore overclockers, but it is running at 120% 24/7 at 100% system utilization. I can't wait for you to get a new PSU so you can get back up and folding.

You are right, it's not a weak psu. But it was over three years old.
It's not a seasonic, it was a antec neo power 500w.

It does have a 5 year warranty :D

I must be the only one who hasn't had anything die in the line of F@H duty yet :p

*knocks on wood*

I must be the only one who hasn't had anything die in the line of F@H duty yet :p

*knocks on wood*

There's a guy at your door wearing a robe and carrying a scythe. He's looking for your video card. :D

There's a guy at your door wearing a robe and carrying a scythe. He's looking for your video card. :D

I'll just tell him to sod off lest he gets whacked in the head with a few generic PSUs. Those things can hurt @_@

:D

You are forgetting that she has Tiger's old video card. She has the luck of the Tiger. On the other hand, i'm sure tiger used that video card nice and hard.

Back