Boxee Invites.

axan

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking for an invite to boxee If I get one I'll give away my invites to [H]. For those that don't know Boxee is a new "operating system" for htpcs.
You can see it in action on the last episode of dl.tv (Episode 244)

Well someone on another site just hooked me up.
Ofcourse I'm willing to share with [H] community so if anyone wants an invite post your email address.

BTW currently they only have versions for OS X and LInux, version for windows is comming in Fall

Not sure how many replies your going to get as the software is still in alpha and i cant think of nothing worse than getting half way through a film and something going wrong.

However saying that if you do install it, it would be nice if you could post your thoughts on it here with maybe some screens as it could be interesting once they get a stable build. From the low quality screens ive seen the UI looks pretty slick right now.

Actually at the moment there is no limit on how many invites you can send.
The ui is pretty slick and the whole thing looks like a very interesting concept, like I mentioned before grab the HD version of last episode of dl.tv, it has about 5-8 min of video about boxee and they talk to one of the creators. You get to see the screens in HD and they go over most of the features.

i'll take one. I'm always interested in new frontends

gthrift |at| gmail |dot| com

thanks, but I see now that its only on mac and linux right now. I'll have to wait for the windows version since the 780g chipset's hardware decoding doesn't work in linux yet.

ill take one too

stephen|DOT|davis|AT|mclaneat|DOT|com

I would welcome an invite as well.
extracrispy (at) gmail (dot) com

Will be fun to try out in a Linux VM.

Romeo Mike Alpha Uniform Tango India November Oscar AT romeo charlie november DOT com

Pull the first letter from each phonetic if you didn't know...

Romeo Mike Alpha Uniform Tango India November Oscar AT romeo charlie november DOT com

Pull the first letter from each phonetic if you didn't know...

lol you got to be kidding me

invite sent ( I think )

oh and my cryptography leveled up :D

Update:

Spent hours getting it to run on Gentoo, finally it works but as soon as I try to login to my account it crashes. Pretty damn disappointing so far.
I might set up temp ubuntu box just to see if it works there.

If anyone got it to work on any linux distro please post your resoults.

Got any more? I have been waiting for months for boxee to send me one and I haven't seen anything yet.

Why is this in a home theater pc and equipment discussion forum? Shouldn't it be under "free stuff" with the rest of the invites/requests?

Why is this in a home theater pc and equipment discussion forum? Shouldn't it be under "free stuff" with the rest of the invites/requests?

because it's a front end for htpc? If mods want to move it that's fine.

hahah! sounds like it a really interesting thing to try out!
I dunno how well this thing will gonna do with a MBP but gonna try it with an iBook G4 first lol!
e-mail: keesonman (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks!

KeymaN

Ill take one. But ill be waiting for the Windows version.
On OS X, I doubt this thing has anything at all on Plex (formally OSXBMC).

criccio1 AT gmail DOT com

Looks good and I just finished building my new HTPC :)
michelito2000 |at| hotmail |dot| com
I've been using the original XBMC forever so this could prove fun!

Ill take one. But ill be waiting for the Windows version.
On OS X, I doubt this thing has anything at all on Plex (formally OSXBMC).

criccio1 AT gmail DOT com

Sent

I will take one as well

hytek9 |at| gmail |dot| com

Sent

ill take 1 to
jarrodjanssen |at| hotmail |dot| com

Sent

Looks good and I just finished building my new HTPC :)
michelito2000 |at| hotmail |dot| com
I've been using the original XBMC forever so this could prove fun!

and sent

Back