Boxee box. Just got one.

Edgar

2[H]4U
Actually pretty cool little thing. I can put my old computer upstairs for my gf.

Just wondering if anyone else has one and can give me some tips on how to fully utilize it. Someone told me about navi x and how you can pretty much stream live tv. So if it works well enough I might cancel my direct tv.

Anybody else have one?

The firmware has matured quite a bit. With the navi-x app I am seriously thinking of getting rid of directv.

Thx for the link sjetski!

Its a shame about boxee.. Had alot of potential. But once I saw its price I knew it wouldn't be that popular.

Im in the process of building a home server (WHS) and want to get a Boxee to stream content to my TV. Has anyone tried this? any alternatives?

For local content. The boxee box is awesome. I highly recommend one.

Anyone know if I could play a DVD on boxee box? Like attach a USB DVD drive to it? I could not find an answer for the life of me.

Its a nice box. Try out boxee on your pc to see if you like the interface etc. The main differentiator from Xbmc is the boxee apps builtin for streaming from sites such as Abc, Cbs etc, for which no Xbmc plugin exists.

Personally, I didn't like Boxee much. Tried it out on my PC when I was thinking about what to use on a client HTPC, didn't see the point of it or why all the hype.

7MC, Media Portal and XBMC are all better alternates in my opinion.

Back