• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

box down for the count, 4... 5... 6...

Imitation

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
2,536
My rig in the sig is down right now. After a routine checkup last week I realized that the chipset fan was having some issues with being louder than usual. So over the weekend I come back and its shutdown! Uh oh... Power back up with no problem other than the fan squealing the whole time. Open up smartgardian and the fan is spinning at all of about 175rpms yet making an AWFUL noise. So, the boxen is going in for an organ transplant this evening. To make this proces easier I purchased an aerocool coolview case and a VGA waterblock along with an evercool copper chipset fan. The old case is a bitch to work in now that I have watercooling in it. So cramped that I have to remove the radiator to get the mobo out. A MAJOR pain that I've not wanted to do until now. So hopefully tomorrow I'll be back up and running full speed.
 
My Grandmother had knee replacement surgery today. Hope your boxen replacement goes as well as her knee replacement did! :)
 
Well after many LONG and painful hours, 2 cuts from a sharp corner, and about 40 wire ties, its back up and running! Whew, that took forever! But the temps look great and its even quieter than before with a slower running chipset fan and a gpu block. :D
 
Back
Top