Bought ThermalTake PurePower 600W

Xerodeluxe

Gawd
Yesterday I went to Frys and bought the ThermalTake Purepower 600Watt verison for $50. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this powersupply. Any failures or drawbacks? What system specs are you running on this PSU?

Mine will be running on:
Case: Lian Li V1000B Black Version
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 1066FSB 2MB cache (Conroe)
Motherboard: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI x 16
RAM/Memory: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400PRO LED Version
Graphics Card: XFX 8800 GTS 640 MB
Harddrive: Maxtor 300GB SATA 16MB Cache
Power Supply: ThermalTake PurePower 600 Watts Dual Rails

See if you can take it back, and order this for under $90 shipped. Way better psu.

What is with you guys and freakin' Thermaltake?! If the PSU works it works! No need to replace a PSU that works!

TT toughpowers are ok, anything else, I wouldn't touch, used to work for a company that sold them, WAY too high failure rate...

What is with you guys and freakin' Thermaltake?! If the PSU works it works! No need to replace a PSU that works!

Yes, lets all take advice from the guy with a Rosewill.

The point of this forum is to provide others with the best advice possible. The OP asked us about that PSU, and we pointed him towards a much better one for less money. We did him a favor.

You'll learn your lesson when that cheap-ass Rosewill shorts out and takes your Raptor with it.

What Rosewill? Oh yeah gotta change my sig, silly me. ;)

[Edit] BTW have you even tried to work with a Rosewill? This one got high reviews and unbelievably low failure rates so I think I'll live. BTW I still stand by my point. If its not broke, dont fix it.

i thought he said he got his for 50 bucks? all these suggestions are like 40+ more.

i thought he said he got his for 50 bucks? all these suggestions are like 40+ more.

Ahh, missed that. I pulled the price off of Fry's site. Still, I would spend the extra $40 bucks on the Corsair. He has a beautiful system there, it would be a shame to drop an iffy PSU in it.

What Rosewill? Oh yeah gotta change my sig, silly me. ;)

[Edit] BTW have you even tried to work with a Rosewill? This one got high reviews and unbelievably low failure rates so I think I'll live. BTW I still stand by my point. If its not broke, dont fix it.

I know there are some Rosewills that are ok, but Newegg sticks so many OEMs under that brand that it is a crapshoot.

Back