Bought open box 7900xtx- missing accessories, need help

Wag

[H]ard|Gawd
As people saw in that other thread I just picked up an open box Red Devil 7900xtx. Just the bare card- can someone link on Amazon to exactly what ARGB cable I need to sync up with my mobo? I have no idea.

Also, I have a really long HDMI run and this card only has one HDMI out. What kind of DisplayPort to HDMI adapter do I need so it works properly with a TV so I get 4k 120Hz/VRR?

Your best bet is to get the cable from PowerColor. Unfortunately the GPU header is proprietary.
Regarding HDMI the one port is a 2.1 spec. I would use it not Display port + adapter.
VRR is part of the 2.1 spec but everything else in your loop must be 2.1 compatible too for things to work.

Your best bet is to get the cable from PowerColor. Unfortunately the GPU header is proprietary.
Regarding HDMI the one port is a 2.1 spec. I would use it not Display port + adapter.
VRR is part of the 2.1 spec but everything else in your loop must be 2.1 compatible too for things to work.
But I don’t want to pay what PowerColor is going to charge me- maybe I can find one on eBay or something.

1687765533312.png

I just looked at the manual and apparently it doesn’t use a standard cable- it has a flat(?) 4-pin (uses 3) male connector on the card for the ARGB and chassis fans. I can’t seem to find anything like that on Amazon.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It has a seperate cable for rgb? Why? I’ve never seen that on a gpu before. It’s like clutter for clutters sake.

It has a seperate cable for rgb? Why? I’ve never seen that on a gpu before. It’s like clutter for clutters sake.
It's for syncing the ARGB with motherboard ARGB or other devices. If you don't want them synced or don't have any other lights you don't need it.

Back