Last December when I built my computer I bought Logitech z5300's for my computer audio. I eventually hooked them up to my Xbox to use them as a HT setup to play games and watch movies on my modded Xbox with a TOSLink cable via the S/PDIF input on my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.
That was my first HT setup and it made me realize how important audio really is. The Logitech z5300's are okay, but they really left me wanting more.
A couple of weeks ago I broke one of the satellites, thus putting me in need (and want for that matter) of a new and better 5.1 system. So I researched around and thought a bit and I finally figured out a good fit for my needs and budget.
Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra - $356 shipped from Newegg
While researching about them it came to light that I could utilize the SWS link to take the bass up a notch for a reasonable price.
So I found this deal, it was recommended for this setup specifically.
MTX SW2 12" down firing powered sub (100w) - $125 shipped <NIB eBay auction>
So I grabbed that. Now aside from any welcome input on the my purchase itself, I need a little info on the SWS link. More specifically the cable. I guess I need a RCA audio cable, but should I invest in a "high quality" one? If so, where is a good reliable place to purchase one for a fair price?
And do you think I should upgrade the speaker cable while I'm at it?
Thanks for your time and your help, I appreciate it.
That was my first HT setup and it made me realize how important audio really is. The Logitech z5300's are okay, but they really left me wanting more.
A couple of weeks ago I broke one of the satellites, thus putting me in need (and want for that matter) of a new and better 5.1 system. So I researched around and thought a bit and I finally figured out a good fit for my needs and budget.
Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra - $356 shipped from Newegg
While researching about them it came to light that I could utilize the SWS link to take the bass up a notch for a reasonable price.
So I found this deal, it was recommended for this setup specifically.
MTX SW2 12" down firing powered sub (100w) - $125 shipped <NIB eBay auction>
So I grabbed that. Now aside from any welcome input on the my purchase itself, I need a little info on the SWS link. More specifically the cable. I guess I need a RCA audio cable, but should I invest in a "high quality" one? If so, where is a good reliable place to purchase one for a fair price?
And do you think I should upgrade the speaker cable while I'm at it?
Thanks for your time and your help, I appreciate it.