Bought new drive. Still same issues. HELP!!

bandit390

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
1,374
I have a nec3540a. Every dvd it burned would turn out to skip during playback. So I bought a benq 1655w and im having the same issue. Along with the benq drive I built a new computer (specs in profile).

What happens?.....

I load up iso in daemon tools and use dvd-shrink to shrink it. Then I use DVD Decrypter to burn to a dvd. While burning the device buffer flickers between 85% - 90% and ever so often will drop around 10%, causing the speed to drop below 2x.

Things I have tried...

1. TY disc rated at 8x. I have 5 different 50-pack spindles and tried differenet dvds from each.

2. Nec 3540a and benq 1655w

3. Tried 2.4x, 4x, 8x speeds

4. Doing nothing else on my comp, while dvd is burning.

5. Tried different dvd player during playback.

Help!
 
Have you tried enabling DMA?

For Windows 95/98/ME: Go to your 'Control Panel --> System --> Device Manager --> CD-ROM' and under your drives 'Properties --> Settings' enable DMA for your devices.

For Windows 2000/XP: Go to your 'Control Panel --> Systems --> Hardware --> Device Manager' and double-click on the 'IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers'. Right-click on the 'Primary IDE Channel' and go to 'Properties --> Advanced Settings'. Change ´Transfer Mode´ to 'DMA if available'.
Do the same for the secondary IDE channel.

Also, try defragging your hard drive (may not help, but worth a shot)
 
Back
Top