Bought Black Ops but will be going back to BFBC2 for a while. Anyone else?

This..

The game is fucking 80x more buggy than new vegas.. seriously who the fuck is their QA lead? he's obviously a fucking moron and should be fired.

I can barely connect to any games.. servers sporadically show up. The fucking server interface NEVER fucking joins a god damn game when I click on it.

I get this bullshit with "downloading game settings" all the time

The first few games I did get into I fucking raped.. 68/13ish on a demolition match.. I had about 20k cod points after a few games or so.. then I quit to take a breka.. come back and I'm mother fucking level 1 again.. This happened TWO more fucking times.

Oh and I can't get into a nazi zombie game at all.. there are 75 and it is like LOLOLOL you cant join any of those, starts my own session, then immediately drops and says session ended.

Fuck treyarch in the ass. This game is a lot of fun but I hope they fucking go under.

Their master servers have been down for about 6 hours now. All the complaints you listed above can be attributed to that. When they comes back up, it should all be fixed.

I got Black Ops on release day too, and like pretty much everyone else, I was getting the stuttering and hitching. After the patch + a few config tweaks though, the game is running flawlessly for me. And it's a lot of fun. I personally enjoy both Call of Duty and Battlefield games... they both have their own strengths and weakness, and I don't see why I have to choose one or the other. Play whatever you feel like playing :)

I also find it amusing that people have forgotten how Bad Company 2 was a mess when it released too. It took quite a few patches to fix the broken server browser and other issues.

I love how the majority of forums with these "I'm going back to so and so because this one is buggy" seemingly have forgotten what a buggy mess BFBC2 was out the gate.

I remember seeing the same amount of threads , with tons saying "fuck this game" or "I can't stay connected more than 5 mins" or "It crashes to the desktop randomly between 10-30 mins". BFBC2 took a few patches and about a month to be mostly stable .. why can't people exercise some patience?

Because they purchased released software, not betas. This shit shouldn't be buggy.

I can't connect to any server after the "patch". I'll get only a few on the list, and the one I'm trying to connect are flawed, I can't get over "connecting" phase.

60 euros for fucks sake. Such a piece of shit this game is.

I love how the majority of forums with these "I'm going back to so and so because this one is buggy" seemingly have forgotten what a buggy mess BFBC2 was out the gate.

I remember seeing the same amount of threads , with tons saying "fuck this game" or "I can't stay connected more than 5 mins" or "It crashes to the desktop randomly between 10-30 mins". BFBC2 took a few patches and about a month to be mostly stable .. why can't people exercise some patience?

Finally someone remembers how BC2 was! I was getting pretty annoyed with the I'm going back to BC2 when the game was the same if not worse when it came out than black ops.

As for comparing the games I prefer Black ops, I hate how slow BC2 is and how it punishes people for not camping. But then again I like games like Quake and CS (1.0-1.6) much more than realistic but not really shooters like battlefield.

Metal of Honor and the BF games are based on the DICE engine, and it sucks at multiplayer.. The laggy network code is only part of it. The particle effects are AWESOME but the multiplayer leaved me wanting.

Still, this COD game is not like the others.. The graphics do not fully utilize hardware. I have Crossfire, and on my UPS if I am in a game it regularly gets to 500W draw off the UPS for the tower. This game is stays at 285W even while lagging a bit. This game is poorly coded. The graphics themselves, the explosions, game design are all top notch, but the game code has issues..

I didn't buy black ops because I do not want another modern warfare/world at war multiplayer game for $60. After playing BC2, I can't go back to a FPS multiplayer game without destructable environments.

I am really liking the game now but had my problems when I first started. I got to level 14 and then bizarrely enough the game set me back to level 1. I lost all of my guns and money and it did this to me two more times. Not happy. Hope this doesn't happen again.

Well the pc version of BC2 is said to be getting the Vietnam expansion (4 new Vietnam maps) for free. If this is true I think its safe to assume that the BC1 maps being ported over will also arrive on the PC bring in another 2 maps (at least).

The one thing that stands out for me between the two games is that BLops suedo supports LAN with steam friends but with BC2 its not an problem to be on the same team as your friends.

Maybe if I had never played BC2 I wouldn't have so many issues with Black Ops.

Reasons I like BC2 better:
- The guns act like real weapons when being fired (recoil & sound)
- Guns feel different from one another, The only thing that feels different about the Black Ops guns is the fire rate
- I can clearly see enemies at long distances (Black Ops is hazy)
- You don't spawn-die 5 consecutive times in BC2 because of where they spawn you
- Destructable environments (no excuse for the COD series to still be lacking this)

With Black Ops, the multiplayer definitely has lag and zombie mode doesn't work for me online. It will start a room, find 4 players, count down to zero, pause then kick us all out. Everytime. It's pretty annoying since zombies is fun as hell when I play solo, it's just hard by yourself.

To be honest Black Ops feels like nothing more than a reskinned WAW with a few different modes. I'm not unhappy I bought it, especially since I only paid $45 but the game needs work. It's far from complete.

I totally agree with OP. Black OPs lacks the realism that we are so used to in games like BFBC2 and COD MW2. I actually bought the game on release date and was so disappointed at the quality of the game. After getting used to the graphics of MW2, playing Black OPs was an eyesore and couldnt understand what was the point of using the MW2 engine with such game quality. Really sucks when executives prefer sales over quality.

You can't complain if you bought this game. If you are a member here, you KNOW what is up with COD now. Deal with the issues in silence b/c it won't change a thing if you bitch. They don't care.

I totally agree with OP. Black OPs lacks the realism that we are so used to in games like BFBC2 and COD MW2. I actually bought the game on release date and was so disappointed at the quality of the game. After getting used to the graphics of MW2, playing Black OPs was an eyesore and couldnt understand what was the point of using the MW2 engine with such game quality. Really sucks when executives prefer sales over quality.

That's what happens when the game changes developers. TBH, I think the series took a step backwards here in terms of gameplay. Everyone was hyping something groundbreaking, but nothing has really proved that...

You can't complain if you bought this game. If you are a member here, you KNOW what is up with COD now. Deal with the issues in silence b/c it won't change a thing if you bitch. They don't care.

More like we don't need more than 1 thread about people complaining about the game. We also don't need more than one thread of people praising it either.

I for one left BFBC2, the game was good but it felt off to me, DICE hasn't impressed me in a long time.

Well the pc version of BC2 is said to be getting the Vietnam expansion (4 new Vietnam maps) for free. If this is true I think its safe to assume that the BC1 maps being ported over will also arrive on the PC bring in another 2 maps (at least).

The one thing that stands out for me between the two games is that BLops suedo supports LAN with steam friends but with BC2 its not an problem to be on the same team as your friends.
Do you have a source for vietnam being free on the PC? I see ea is selling it online:
http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.718200/productID.219316800

The maps that are being ported from BC1 I believe will be free but the Vietnam expansion is definitely not free

How in the world that my old c2duo machine with 9800gt can run BC2 smoothly but not BO, just piss the hell out of me...

Back