Bought a computer from me and bring home, doesn't boot..please help

bennetvu

Limp Gawd
I sold a computer to a local person. He went to my house and check it out and everything was working perfect. After he brought it home, the computer wont boot up. What could be wrong with it? Thanks

That's way too little information if you're seriously expecting any help.

First thing would be to check all the connections in the box, make sure something didn't get unseated on the way home.

You're right that I didn't provide enough info so here's a lil bit more.

He checked all the connections and it was properly connected. He swapped out my antec 350 psu and replace it with his. He told me after that, the fan start spinning so he turned it off. Now he's heading to Frys to get a new PSU to test it since his was a 20pin and my motherboard requried a 24 pin.

bennetvu said:
You're right that I didn't provide enough info so here's a lil bit more.

He checked all the connections and it was properly connected. He swapped out my antec 350 psu and replace it with his. He told me after that, the fan start spinning so he turned it off. Now he's heading to Frys to get a new PSU to test it since his was a 20pin and my motherboard requried a 24 pin.

have you tried jump starting the original PSU without it plugged in to the components?

quadnad said:
have you tried jump starting the original PSU without it plugged in to the components?
I'm sorry but I'm familar with PSU but how do you jump start the PSU without plug it in?

i know that when i switched out PSUs, i had to reset the cmos in order for it to boot properly, you could try that.

bennetvu said:
I'm sorry but I'm familar with PSU but how do you jump start the PSU without plug it in?

Leave the psu unplugged, then with a paper clip short pins 14 and 15 . Then plug the psu into the wall, and turn it on.

To be less specific, short the green lead to any of the black leads. Your PSU may need slight load to power on (plug a molex into a DVDRW or something)

quadnad said:
Leave the psu unplugged, then with a paper clip short pins 14 and 15 . Then plug the psu into the wall, and turn it on.

To be less specific, short the green lead to any of the black leads. Your PSU may need slight load to power on (plug a molex into a DVDRW or something)

paperclip trick ftw everytime! :cool:

Back