bought 2 cases, only need one... what to do?

which case to keep

• keep lian-li

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • keep the cooler master

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • keep both and mod both!

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters
well i bought a lian-li pc65b and a wave master because i couldnt decide which one i wanted so i was gonna look at both and decide in person but im still torn between the two... what should i do?
DSCN0663.jpg

wave_master.jpg

obviously keep both and build another gaming system and try watercooling :)

I have no experience with either. IMHO the wavemaster blows the Lian Li away looks wise.

I'm a die-hard Lian-Li fan. Besides, you already spent the money to have KoolPCMods etch the side panel for you.

I just hate front doors.

Personally li li all the way. No other case out there can beat the build quality. Although the cm case is up there with the big boys. It's a nice case too. Heck keep em both. Why give one away. Maybe mod one up and sell it for some big bucks. Give it a nice paint job. :)

Lian is pure quality.
Personally I would choose the wavemater, just because of its aesthetic properties as well as the door (for some reasons I just like pcs with a door).

well... its not exactly a fair comparison....
empty case vs empty case id say the LL, but since ur pic has the CM with a system in it and sleeving colored cables & LED fans n such... it looks better....
put the system in the LL and put the 2 complete system pics side by side.... then we can make a fair judgment...

I think Lian-Li is pretty flashy... the difference is that Lian-Li's bling is all about style AND function instead of just pretty looks.

It's sort of like the "ricers" with the 2' tall wings on the backs of thier Accords. 0 lift effect... what's it doing back there? "Making the car look powerful." What about that resonator plate on the muffler? "Making the car sound powerful." And that NOS sticker? "Um, I dont know, I saw it on Fast and Furious."

the wavemaster isnt flashy...its sleek simple and has a nice brushed aluminum look to it plus its silver....so its pretty clean altho it isnt as simple as the lian li.....i still lik the wavemaster better but both are good cases

I definitely like the look of the lian li, although the wavemaster is pretty slick I'm not a fan of the blue light in front or the waviness of it :p
though I'm not exactly a fan of dragons either, I vote lian-li, your call though, obviously

Peace

Where the hell did you get that decal for the Lian-Li window? I'm liking the 3-D effect.

Anyone know of any good window decal stores?

Both are great cases, I am sick of hearing all these Lian-Li huggers. Fuckers probably bought a crap $50 case then decided to buy a Lian Li and now they love Lian Li cause its the only HIGH quality case they've used. Have you Lian Li hippies owned a Cooler Master? Probably not. I admit yes i've owned a Super Lanboy, and yes, I do reccommend them to people, but I also tell people to look for other things as well, I don't immediately state "OH MY GOD! GET THE SUPER LANBOY! IT ARE THE GREATEST CASE EVAR!".

But seriously. Since both these cases you have, do indeed have windows, I suggest placing your system in both cases and applying Cable Management, see which one you can get cleaner. If you can get the Lian Li cleaner, choose it I guess, if you can get the Cooler Master cleaner, choose it I guess. Also, give a feel around, see which parts can bend easier then others, go for the stronger case I suppose.

im getting some kind of cable management soon. just put the system together last friday. reason the stuff is in the wave master was because it arrive first. i guess ill keep both... and put my old on in lian-li or something or vice versa.

and that isnt a window decal, it was laser etched at thepcmodshop i believe.

Don't give in to the LL hype... go with the Coolermaster. LL has been having some QC problems of late, from what I hear...

KrakenGuy said:
Both are great cases, I am sick of hearing all these Lian-Li huggers. Fuckers probably bought a crap $50 case then decided to buy a Lian Li and now they love Lian Li cause its the only HIGH quality case they've used. Have you Lian Li hippies owned a Cooler Master?QUOTE]

I've built in a:
Supermicro SC-750a (which at the time was a +$200 case)
Yeong Yang YY-0221 Server Cube
Lian-Li PC-75B

Not to mention a butt-load of "budget" cases and propriety ones.

I've helped my friend start a build in a CM Stacker and I've looked several times at the CM Wavemaster and a Caviar (or something like that).

Compared with the CM cases I've seen I'll stick with Lian-Li. Their simplicity is design is what makes them gorgeous. They're beautiful without curvey lines and factory installed blue lights.

Transfer the window to the Wave and then smash the Lian Li. And then take a chainsaw to all the overbearing lian-li huggers. (now enters the lian li fan club. "DIE ATOM DIE DIE DIE!")

I think it should just come down to your own personal preference. Both cases are high-quality.

I'm not sure what to make of the obvious trolls. My Lian-Li PC65 had no problems whatsoever, and I'm very happy with it. Still waiting on my CoolerMaster ATC-210 to arrive (damn ebay seller shipped it parcel post, who knows when it'll get here :( )

ks_tidal said:
hahaha thats a good one i always liked to refer to those people as *sheep*

Excuse me, what makes someone who has an opinion a "sheep"? Because we don't want to be different, exactly like all our other friends? Sorry for not wanting to be a high school Mansonite. I

've had the oportunity to work inside both Lian-Lis and CMs, I also have my own personal preference as to what I think is an attractive case. I've read nearly every review of "high end" cases I've come across. And, equiped with that information and perspective I'm presenting an opinion that I like Lian-Lis more than CMs.

Do I wish someone would make the crossflow fan from the CM Stacker for a Lian-Li v2000... you betcha. But that one feature I can't get from a Lian-Li is not about to turn my opinion from them.

Let's compare the two (only using basic information from Newegg):

Price:
Wavemaster: $118 (Newegg)
Pc-65: $120 (Newegg)
Comparable, but is worth $2 extra?

Dimensions:
Wavemaster: 18.1" x 7.8" x 21.3" (1.739 cubic feet)
PC-65: 17.7" x 8.3" 19.3" (1.640 cubic feet)
Again, pretty similar, while the PC 75 appears to have less internal space keep in mind those measurements also take into account the "ricey" front door and little monolith thing on front of the Wavemaster. The actual internal volume of the Lian-Li is much closer (if not more than the CM just in a smaller package)

Drivebays (External 5"/External 3"/Internal/PCI slots)
Wavemaster: 4/1/4/7
PC-75: 4/3/5/7
The PC-65 inches ahead with room for 2 more external and 1 more internal 3" drives. Now depending on your need you may or may not need this space but IMO it's nice to have it available and that right there would be worth an extra $2 to me.

Fans mounts available:
Wavemaster: 3 80mm fans (native)
PC-65: 4 80mm fans (native)
Again, the Lian-Li offers more with an additional fan mount available without modifying it.

Windows:
Wavemaster: No
PC-65: Yes
Once again, Lian-Li will save you the time of modding a window into the case. Now I'll grant you this is an easy mod which may only take about half an hour but even if the two were identical until this point my time is worth more to me than $4 an hour spent cutting a square window.

The Lian-Li beats the CM on nearly every one of those. Where it doesn't is the difference of $2. I'm willing to spend $2 on what I percieve as a better looking case. That doesn't make me a sheep. It makes me a person who, after weighing the available information, has decided that I prefer the Lian-Li.

Not everyone who prefers Lian-Li (or CM, Yeong Yang, Supermicro, etc) does so because everyone else has one. Many of us have carefully weighed the strengths of each case and have decided to spend our money on one brand over the other.

Both of these cases are fine pieces of engineering and design. They both offer different features and advantages over the other. I'd be happy to own either if they were free, but if I was investing my money I'd go with the Lian-Li. It's just my preference. That doesn't make me a sheep.

meh... keep both of them and switch between them everyonce and a while lol... actualy u pry dont wanna do that so id go with the wave master

I knew my post would make someone post a big long list like that. Oh well :D
I like Lian-Li's, I just would never pay that much for a case thats as plain jain as that. Take a dremel and you could brush any aluminum case. Next your going to tell me all about the lian-li quality compared to cheap cases and thats why you pay more. Really, theyre nice cases, and I even like their fan club. I just had to pick a little bit.

It's not even a matter of how much more you'll pay for a Lian-Li... the point of this thread was (or became) which is better between two cases that (stock) are almost exactly the same price.

Okay, if we're going to compare a Lian-Li v2000 to a budget case that comes with an eMachines 300 Watt power supply for $40 then we're looking at entirely different rating criteria. That's not the situation though.

And then it evolved into a jab at fans of Lian-Li cases painting them as people who love Lian-Li just becuase of the name. As if we're just a bunch of people willing to spend too much money on a well posished turd.

The interior to the wavemaster sucks, but the front is a LOT cleaner than the Lian-Li, I can see why you're in a toss-up. I'd say keep the wavemaster because it has that door... this is a case you will have to deal with looks-wise, so I'd say keep it.

BellaCroix said:
It's sort of like the "ricers" with the 2' tall wings on the backs of thier Accords. 0 lift effect... what's it doing back there?

:) Actually, the purpose of the rear spoiler on a car is to create downforce on the drive wheels (if it's rear-wheel drive of course) to increase adhesion. To produce lift at the back of the car is exactly what you don't want as anyone can tell you if they've fishtailed around a turn at a decent clip.

So, you're right, though! :) The spoiler is useless because on a front-wheel drive car, it does nothing except provide a place for me to rest my iced coffee while I tie my shoe outside a Dunkin' Donuts on the way back to my car. :D

You can always get another system.. and set it up to Fold for the [H]orde!

Or sell it on the FS/FT Forum!

- Fold [H]ard - - Or go [H]ome -

Back on topic. (sorry about the drift onto the race track)

Would the CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' be comparable to the Lian Li PC65? CM has a newer version of the Praetorian (the 731) out now and it's kinda sexy, now that I've had a look at it.

Like the PC65, it (the Praetorian) now incorporates 4 80MM fans, 2 in the front, 2 in the rear. I'm gonna read a few reviews on it to see how it measures up.

Mod the cases into one uber case!! Example... take the front off the wave and put it on the li li. Keep the li li window cause it's nicely done up already.

Back