Bottom mount PSU fan direction question

Fury47

n00b
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
12
Hello,
I recently purchased a Seasonic X750 and a Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced, and I am trying to figure out which would be the optimal way to mount the PSU. I am not sure if it would be best to mount the psu in the direction so the fan is either sucking in air from inside of my case or from the bottom from under the case. Would anyone happen to know which would be the best route to take?
 
The fan should be facing down so it takes in air from below the case.
 
I second that. Heat rises so you would only be pulling the cooler air out of the case. And PSU's are heat sensitive so its best to pull in the cool air form the bottom of the case,
 
Last edited:
Typically I point the fan downwards to pull in air from the bottom of the case, but there are some caveats. First, how much clearance is there below your case? Are you sitting it on carpet (please say no)? And how tall are your case feet? If you have issues with clearance below the case then you want to face the fan up to get air out of the case, and perhaps add another fan to the front of the case, mounted halfway up so you have 2 fans bringing in cool air and the middle fan should give enough extra air to take care of the case cooling.
 
Back
Top