Bottlenecking 4870?

V99

Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
689
Hey guys,

I recently replaced my 9600GT SLI setup for a single Radeon 4870.
See my specs below, I play at 1680x1050.

After I put the card in I did driver cleaner in safe mode, and installed the latest drivers.

I started up Need for Speed Shift...and the resulting weren't exactly impressive. My FPS was actually worse. On my 9600GT SLi I was getting between 20-40 FPS...Mainly stable at around 30 FPS.

New XFX Radeon 4870 512mb I drop as low as 18 FPS and averages 27-32 FPS. Epic slow downs with lots of cars.

I tried a few other games, Batman Arkham Asylum, roughly the same FPS. Crysis was noticeably better, FEAR 2 about the same.

I did 3DMark06 and only got 10,428 score...

CPU Bottle necking or what?
 
NFS Shift has a known issue with ATI cards. Do a google search on it, it's ALL over the place. EA forums, AMD forums, even the 5870 review done here mentions it. It runs like crap with FPS dips into the teens even on my OCed quad and 5870
 
Back
Top