Bottlenecked? Unsure ...

CorporalStorm

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
153
I think somewhere I am bottlenecked with the system.. Here is an overview of what I have.. Nothing is overclocked or tweaked.. Please provide opinions..

Thanks

Processor - Intel Pentium 4 630 HT 3.0GHz EM64T (Stock Clock)

Motherboard - ASUS P5GD1-VM
I believe this is my problem here, as this board has no abilities to overclock the CPU/FSB. I have called ASUS and they swear its in the bios and then blabs on about Warranty, I dont care about warranty. The mobo only cost me 50 bucks. Anyone have a recommendation for a 775 Board/SATAII/DDR or DDR2?

Memory - 2Gb (4x512) Corsair PC3200 DDR 2.5-3-3-8

Video Adapter - eVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO Superclocked (600 Core/1560 Memory)

Disk Storage - Western Digital WD2500KS (250Gb 16Mb Cache)

Power Supply - Thermaltake Purepower 430W

Operating System - Windows XP Professional
 
Why did you get a mATX mobo? Because it was cheap?

For the most part a full side ATX mobo will have more features. But I have had mATX mobos in the past that have had just as many features as my ATX mobos.

More importantly is why do you think you have a bottle neck? Apps dont load fast enough, graphics arent up to par... What applications and games do you use?
 
I just have a feeling it is.. I have read reviews that my processor has made it to 3.4Ghz yet I can't because of this stupid Mobo.. Plus I need a few more slots and cant because its mATX... I'd like to have DDR2 as I believe it would be faster..

Games I play is GRAW and BF2..
 
Back
Top