Bottleneck

timeless

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
53
I recently purchased an EVGA 8800 GTS to replace my X850XT which was running on a 4000+ AMD on a DFI Lanparty nforce4.

I'm just wondering will my cpu be enough to give the card all the juice it needs, or should I consider replacing the mobo and cpu (680i with Intel Dou).

If there is a thread relating to the question, appolgies in advance, and thanks for any advice you give.
 
Yeah, it'll be bottlenecked, but not by enough not to justify the purchase...

You'll see a huge performance benefit, that's for sure! In benchmarks, you'll lose lots of points (ahem 3Dmark) but in real gaming situations you'll be *fine*.

Anyways, have you tried overclocking at all?
 
Yeah I was going to suggest overclocking the processor a bit as well. There is probably a slight bottleneck (if a 3200+ bottlenecks a 7800GT, then a 2.4Ghz A64 for a 8800GTX...).
 
Uh>>> a 3200+ certainly does not "bottleneck" a 7800GT. And a 4000+ certainly won't be bottlenecking an 8800GTS. If you really want to overclock, go ahead. But otherwise, you should be fine.
 
Back
Top