bottle neck?

Retardo

Gawd
i have a chance to get the e6600 but have no money to buy a new vid card. i have a x1600pro right now AGP. will the cpu be bottlenecked? i wouldnt think so but than again i dont know for sure.

i will be gettin a gb of DDR2 too. my mobo does support C2D and AGP and DDR2.

once i get money im going to upgrade to PCIE video card.

Well in 3d games/apps you're going to limited by your video card, but in everything else you won't be.

That's what you get for buying a mid-range graphics card heh.

Your graphics card will be your bottleneck, but it all depends what resolution you want to run.

There will always be a bottleneck though. You just have to decide where you line is. If you had a X6800, 4gb of ram and 8800GTX's in sli eventually there would be a game where one is a bottleneck. in theory one of those would be a bottleneck right out of the box, there just isn't any program out there to test it. See how your games play with the x1600, maybe you can live with it. I'm still running a 6800GT and an a64 3500+, but it works for me. In a month I'll have an e6600 and a 8800gts. Just go with that works for you rather than worrying about what is bottlenecking what. AS long as you know what to upgrade next does it matter?

well i wasnt gonna upgrade but since my dad wants me to build him a computer im gonna give him my Pentium D and DDR and hes gonna give me money to buy the E6600 and DDR2. Im going to have to buy video card later than i guess. Right now the x1600 meets my needs.

The 8800Gts can be had for around $220.00 now ...Id go there before any other card at the moment for the money....So if your saving its a thought and new Ati's will be here in about a month

I'm kinda in the same boat, My system now is a P4 3.4 Prescott, and im upgrading my mobo and proc to a xfx nforce 680i and e6600. Im pretty much stuck with my evga 7800gt for now, so i think my gpu will bottleneck my proc, but i dunno, maybe the conroe will help out a bit till i get a 8800gtx in there:D

Back