Bottle neck too.

Arnge

Limp Gawd
i have a 3.0 ghz HT processor along with an MSI 945 GM2 MB." up to 4GB of rams."

with SUPER TALENT 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 DDR2 667 and a 320 dual rail 24 Amp at 12V. psu.

and i am gonna get me a 7900gs will it be bottlenecked ?

Try to grab a 7950GT512Ko there about $219.00 microcenter and have seen them even lower elsewhere...You shouldnt be bottlenecked and your Cpu will let the card run with all Eycandy pretty smoothly.. The 7900GS is only 256 of ram and may come close too running outa steam...7950 ran way better on my AM2 2.4ghz with out a flinch....im Running a8600GTS now which gives better eycandy but i run my cards at a Low Res toooo.With full EYCANDY ON

Either way id go for a 7950 first youll be happy that you did over a 7900GS big differance....the8800GTS is a nice way too go but youd Probally need Better CPU take advantage of it too ,there also had for about $220.00-$239.00 MIR.....thou

well i forgot to mention , i aalreadt bought the 7900GS.

i wanna know if i need to upgrade anything , or not.

thank you :D

You should be fine ...When you set up you card in control panel try these menu tweaks ..You wont be disapointed

set all options

Antisotropic-Filtering 16x or highest#

Antialiasing-Setting 16x or highest#

Antialiasing Mode to (ON )or overide apllication

Antialiasing Transperancy------Multisampling

Comformant texture clamp-----Use Hardware

ExtesionLimit ----------------------Off

ForceMipMaps---------------------Off

Multi Display----------------------Single display performance mode

TextureFiltering-Anisotropic sample optimization---------ON

Texture Filtering-Negative LOD bios----------------------------Clamp

Texture Filtering Quality---------------------------------------High Performance

Texture Filtering-Trilinear Optimization-------------------------ON

Tripple Buffer-------------------------------------------------------------Off

Vsync------------------------------------------------------------------------Force Off

These Settings apply to 7900GS and 7950Gt provides fastest game response Adjust the ANISOTROPIC and ANTIALIASING slightly lower the Higher you go on your screen sizes past 1280x1024 75hz or 60hz --Higher hz is faster if your display will let you raise it..

If your gonna game a lot Getting a (74gig WesterDigital Raptor 10000rpm sata HardDrive) drive would do you extreamly well if you have sata...Thats what you want to install your games on for fastest access time during gaming ..you Os will boot faster too if its the only Hard drive .night and day over a 5600 or 7200rpm drive!

You should be fine ...When you set up you card in control panel try these menu tweaks ..You wont be disapointed

set all options

Antisotropic-Filtering 16x or highest#

Antialiasing-Setting 16x or highest#

Antialiasing Mode to (ON )or overide apllication

Antialiasing Transperancy------Multisampling

Comformant texture clamp-----Use Hardware

ExtesionLimit ----------------------Off

ForceMipMaps---------------------Off

Multi Display----------------------Single display performance mode

TextureFiltering-Anisotropic sample optimization---------ON

Texture Filtering-Negative LOD bios----------------------------Clamp

Texture Filtering Quality---------------------------------------High Performance

Texture Filtering-Trilinear Optimization-------------------------ON

Tripple Buffer-------------------------------------------------------------Off

Vsync------------------------------------------------------------------------Force Off

These Settings apply to 7900GS and 7950Gt provides fastest game response Adjust the ANISOTROPIC and ANTIALIASING slightly lower the Higher you go on your screen sizes past 1280x1024 75hz or 60hz --Higher hz is faster if your display will let you raise it..
Why would you put the Texture Quality on High Performance but then put the AA on 16x? Also that 7900gs is going to slow to a crawl in most modern games with 16x AA. :confused:

Try it right now if ya dont believe me as i said The higher you go in Res to lower AA and Anisotropic filtering Ive already Run both cards on a21"widescreen ....Im not joking:cool:

Thats to get him started the only setting he will need to adjust will be the AA or anisotropic filtering .....it he' running at 1024x768 hell have no problem and @1280x1024 both settings will lower 2sizes With a 256mb7900GS..

Try it right now if ya dont believe me as i said The higher you go in Res to lower AA and Anisotropic filtering Ive already Run both cards on a21"widescreen ....Im not joking:cool:
16x aa would be a slideshow in some games even at 1280x1024. It doesnt make sense that you would overkill on the AA but suggest running games on "high performance" instead of "quality" or "high quality".

Why would you put the Texture Quality on High Performance but then put the AA on 16x? Also that 7900gs is going to slow to a crawl in most modern games with 16x AA. :confused:

what settings and Res do you use on your GT ? If you force the Overide application setting and not use Vsync or Tripple buffering and Clamp your Lod Bias you will increase that cards performance ....Or do you already know that?

Thats why you lower in game setting and have you Card set to run everything optimal try it if you dont believe me....Some Systems differ but most will benifit from this...I only have a few thousand hours of gaming so i wouldnt know . Please put me on the spot if ya dont believe me but do try the settings Ive helped numerous Clans tweak Cards both ATI and Nvidia this is what works...some settings may differ or run better slower but for the most part those are better than the default settings. Oh yeah UT4 engine and unreal 3engine are pretty modern and the FEAR engine and BF2 and BF2142 right ..as well as Americas Army..2.8

Thats why you lower in game setting and have you Card set to run everything optimal try it if you dont believe me....Some Systems differ but most will benifit from this...I only have a few thousand hours of gaming so i wouldnt know .
What is the point of trying to run that much AA on a card like the 7900gs to begin with?

Not trying to argue a point ....Lots of games run smoother with card adjusted high and the in game settings set slightly lower ...If your option are never enabled in the card you will never beable to use those options in the games you play ...Do you see where im comming from..:)

For the most part if your card options for the given settings are disabled you cannot use them...So if your card is set low you can not use those settings in game...

And by disabling Vysnc and triple buffer you card will use all its FPS permitted you do not get screen tearing with is pretty stable running most LCd's...that is reaction time in game if you play single shootergames or faster textures and so forth.

Not trying to argue a point ....Lots of games run smoother with card adjusted high and the in game settings set slightly lower ...If your option are never enabled in the card you will never beable to use those options in the games you play ...Do you see where im comming from..:)
Im sorry but you are not making any sense to me. Running 16x aa on a card like 7900gs just doesnt make sense either no matter what other settings you are using. If you want more fps then why turn aa on at all?

16x aa would be a slideshow in some games even at 1280x1024. It doesnt make sense that you would overkill on the AA but suggest running games on "high performance" instead of "quality" or "high quality".

Thats why you are given the option to Change the settings....HighQuality is extreamly slower than High performance when used alone!!! when you set High performance and other settings together you are optimizing what you want your Card to Do....Perform High Performance meaning higher speeds with great eye candy in which you told the card by your AA settings and other options you set..Verse just running Slow High QUALITY......

these settings apply to your GT as well if your willing to try which runs slower than the 7900GS unless you majorly Oced it...No im not making fun of card look in my sig.

Well i performed these settings on a 6800oc , on a 5700LE and On my 8600GTS which is set optimal ....in Three seperate Pc's first two bieng Low level game systems for my niece and brat nephew . The Video Cards have all benifited from this as well as my old 7900GS and 7950GtKo......

Which my Nieghbor just took for $150.00,as well as having me Go over his in game menus and Control Panel Options. Seeing he was used to ATi setting his Game settings High and card low he was frustrated, He is very happy with the New settings out come and FPS..Yup its hard to believe that you can run your card High and set the in game menu a lil low for performance gains ..Well you'll only know if you try for your self...

Yeah i overlooked his PSU good point" pfunkman"

Back