Botnet Master Made $140,000 a Month

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
Russian-Armenian Botnet operator Georg Avenesov is believed to have made up to $140,000 a month by renting and selling parts of his botnet. That number is likely to be exaggerated, but even taking that into consideration it’s still impressive.

Avanesov allegedly rented and sold part of his botnet, a common business model for those who run the networks. Other cybercriminals can rent the hacked machines for a specific time for their own purposes, such as sending a spam run or mining the PCs for personal details and files, among other nefarious actions.

hmm, charging to clean spyware out of someones pc is clearly not what i should be wasting my time on LOL

The Malicious Hackers Handbook doesn't include the chapter about getting bent over a stainless steel sink in prison.

I'm sure there are more profitable criminal businesses to run.

But they are probably more dangerous as well, like risk getting gunned down by the cops or rivals.

This guy is probably making 100k every month from the comfort of his home:eek:

So even with an unexaggerated number of say... 80K/month, he's still making only 1 mil per year. That's hardly enough to risk getting your self thrown in jail over.

lol! I think the current exchange rate ramps that up by about 30 times in their country. So yeah, I think I might risk going to jail for 30mil/year. :D

Back