Bose Lifestyle 25

thedocta45

[H]ard|Gawd
I just recently recived for free a Bose Lifestyle system from early 2000, it does not have any speakers with it but I did get the sub that has all the plugs for speakers. It does 5.1 so I'm wondering about some decent speakers to pair the system with. I will be using it for gaming and music, possible movie watching as well.

Or should I just chuck it.

Last edited:
chuck it. the bass module is poo and you'll be stuck with whatever the crossover is set to in the unit. plus i really doubt the amps are capable of much.

if you wanna try using it there's no harm of course. you might even like it.

Just hooked it up with some bullshit philips speakers I had lying around, base is okay not really that bumping, like im used to. The speakers sound okay, seeing as I dont have another reciver and this has a remote I guess ill be trying to pick up a few extra speakers. Prolly will be saving up some cash to buy a decent 5 or 7.1 reciver then.

I'd try to unload the Bose on Craig's List to fund some proper gear. Might as well use their marketing to help yourself out.

If you decide to get rid of it, send it to me instead! :p

Did those have the radio freq remote ? Always thought that was slick as hell for its time.

Craigslist that poop. I sold a 2.1 bose system that I found on the curb for $200. All it needed was a power cord lol.

Back