Soul Coughing
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Jan 31, 2005
- Messages
- 96
I have book shelf speakers from an older mini-system that are set up as my main speakers. I recently aquired a center bose cube and a left and right speakers. the left and right bose speakers are set up as my left and right rear surround sound speakers. I also have two older speakers my dad gave me at the back of the room to play the B speakers when im entertaining friends and not just sitting in front of my computer.
The speakers at the front of my room are pretty good, at least to me, listening to mp3's through my Live 5.1. Now im thinking of getting the AVL 701, or whatever its called as a cheap sound card upgrade. Now my question is two-part. First, do you think i would hear a difference if i switched those bose speakers and put them as my front speakers? are they any good? also, will i hear a noticable difference to my music when i get this new sound card? I also have a sub beneath my desk with a 150 cut-off. Asthetically I cannot make up my mind. Do i keep the the bookshelf speakers to give some size to my desk, or go the minimalist approach with the (perceived) quality of bose to the opposite sex? any response would be appreciated.
Cheers, Jonathan
The speakers at the front of my room are pretty good, at least to me, listening to mp3's through my Live 5.1. Now im thinking of getting the AVL 701, or whatever its called as a cheap sound card upgrade. Now my question is two-part. First, do you think i would hear a difference if i switched those bose speakers and put them as my front speakers? are they any good? also, will i hear a noticable difference to my music when i get this new sound card? I also have a sub beneath my desk with a 150 cut-off. Asthetically I cannot make up my mind. Do i keep the the bookshelf speakers to give some size to my desk, or go the minimalist approach with the (perceived) quality of bose to the opposite sex? any response would be appreciated.
Cheers, Jonathan
