• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

bose companion5 alternative

Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
48
Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up a 5.1 set up for my living room, but due to the structure and placement of my furniture, i would be forced to run the wires in a haphazard way.

So I was thinking about the Bose companion for it's ability to simulate 5.1 with only having two speakers.

What are your opinions on this set of speakers?
I know that Bose is pretty good for their systems, but I also heard that consumers are mainly paying for the name.

Are there any cheaper alternatives to this system?
 
Why not just find a reasonably well regarded home theater in a box (HTIB)?
 
go to avsforums speaker section and ask for advice. Bose is one of the worst values in audio performance wise, you are paying for wife acceptance factor and their large marketing budget rather than actual performance.
 
Back
Top