Bose companion 2 question

Ezekiel33

n00b
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
30
hey guys just a quick question

I'm acutally using Bose companion 2 speakers and would like to know if I need a sound card to optimize the sound. I'll be using a Asus or EVGA x58 motherboard.

thanks!
 
The onboard DACs these days are much better than years past. However, feedback may still occur so a sound card may be beneficial.

The fact that you are using Bose speakers tells me you're really new to audio.
I shall try to refrain from bashing Bose too hard, but if you want good sound, don't use Bose speakers.

If you think your Bose speakers sound good, you'll probably be fine with onboard audio.
 
The onboard DACs these days are much better than years past. However, feedback may still occur so a sound card may be beneficial.

The fact that you are using Bose speakers tells me you're really new to audio.
I shall try to refrain from bashing Bose too hard, but if you want good sound, don't use Bose speakers.

If you think your Bose speakers sound good, you'll probably be fine with onboard audio.

Agree'd ^
 
The onboard DACs these days are much better than years past. However, feedback may still occur so a sound card may be beneficial.

The fact that you are using Bose speakers tells me you're really new to audio.
I shall try to refrain from bashing Bose too hard, but if you want good sound, don't use Bose speakers.

If you think your Bose speakers sound good, you'll probably be fine with onboard audio.

ouch lol.. I thought that bose speakers were a good choice :| The quality is better than what I had in the past. I didnt want to buy a 2.1+ system. Only 2 speakers that can offer good high and good low.. do you have something else to recommend than? no sub. :)
 
Im afraid I would have to agree....Bose and good sound are terms that dont go together. They are marketing geniuses but thats it.
Pretty much anything sounds better. The good thing is they resell nicely so you should be able to get a better system by selling them.
 
the biggest issue with bose isn't really how bad or good they sound. I say they sound about the same as altec lansings. the difference is the unjustified price bose charges. if bose charged what altec charges then I'm sure many would agree that bose sounds "good".
 
Less than $100? Hmm... Can't help you. Just stick with the Bose. Lol. Unless you can find some good used stuff, but I couldn't tell you what stuff you would find for cheap since I don't live in your area.
 
Back
Top