Borderlands Tweaks: Mouse Smoothing Off, FOV, More..

Hmmm - was there a patch slipped quietly under the table? Everything was working like a champ last night and when I started up this morning, all my tweaks (and key bindings) were gone.

C/Mydocuments/Mygames/Borderlands/Willowgame/Config/

Click on willowengine.ini

scroll down to

[Engine.GameEngine]

change Bsmoothframrate to FALSE

MinSmoothedFrameRate is set to 22, I changed mine to 42

MaxSmoothedFrameRate is set to 62, I chaned mine to 82

This should give you extra overhead on your frames per second, possibly better performance.

You can changed the values to whichever you like I assume. Remember to backup your willowengine.ini file before tweaking.

Hmmm - was there a patch slipped quietly under the table? Everything was working like a champ last night and when I started up this morning, all my tweaks (and key bindings) were gone.

Rofl same thing happened to me wtf.

Me too...odd...

Mine were ok today, mind you I have set the ini files to read only now I've got them as I want them. I'd recommend doing it

So has everyone set a movement key to rebind the FOV? I'm going to try this when I get home tonight - tons of good info in the this thread...

Do you know how to make is so that if you hit 'e' twice quickly it does NOT reload your weapon?

Funny, I find nothing wrong with the FOV.

But I am on a 4:3 CRT, so maybe I'm just not seeing the problem?

I've been enjoying the game immensely since yesterday, and my only complaint is that AA doesn't work *completely* for my 4850 after forcing it in the ini file (some surfaces are smoothed, others are not).

But I am on a 4:3 CRT, so maybe I'm just not seeing the problem?

heh yes you're missing the point :D fov is fine on 4:3 screens, but supposedly gets cut off top/bottom on widescreens instead of being extended left and right.

anyways thanks for all the tweaks, they really help :)
I wish they'd put more work in the PC version, it screams console all over.

especially the disabled Vsync and intro videos were going on my nerves.

Back