Borderlands Siren Gameplay

i play totally diff from that play style. All my guns have elemental affinities to it and i use phase to close in on people that are too far away and blow them up, and finish whatevers left with shotguns / revolvers

i have to say though its my favorite class out of everyone else just cause of the areas without cars i use phase to run faster =D

Cool, I think I'm going to go Siren on my next character, probably just on my laptop.

I'm currently an 11 Hunter, but I really just die a lot!

You're taking a lot of damage! I play as Mordechai and rarely get my shield below 60%, kinda too easy. Sniper rifle one shot kills getting kinda boring actually

17 Hunter and loving it. Only played the single player stuff so far, but I'm a damage fiend using pistols and bloodwing.

Thinking of doing a soldier class next, but siren looks cool.

i play totally diff from that play style. All my guns have elemental affinities to it and i use phase to close in on people that are too far away and blow them up, and finish whatevers left with shotguns / revolvers

i have to say though its my favorite class out of everyone else just cause of the areas without cars i use phase to run faster =D

Interesting, I picked the Assassin skill tree, I'm guessing you picked the elemental one?

i like the soldier class the turret is pretty cool but seems a little under powered

Have Siren and Hunter up to mid-late 20s

Hard to really get a feel for either character until you reach new haven in the early 20s. By then you should be able to get the right class mods and should have gotten decent guns. The game is really easy when you have a good sniper rifle, but unfortunately my hunter can't find a sniper rifle with good damage AND good accuracy.

However, he did get a 49x7 shotgun with fast fire/reload and 78% accuracy. Damage is nothing special but it produced a perfect spread pattern the size and shape of an enemies head so that I could deal full hits at any range.

But just now when my hunter reached New Haven the vendor had a 127x7 damage, 77% damage 6-shot revolver with zoom on my hunter! That kind of weapon justifies respeccing from sniping into pistols! Damn thing cost 88k out of my 98k savings! This paired with my revolver which generates ammo should at least take him into the 30s before it'll be time to replace that weapon.

I got the ideal sniper rifle, but unfortunately it was on my Siren. 348 damage, 98% accuracy, 1.4 fire rate, 6shots, but with x4 fire element. Crits for 2-3k! The "Pele demands a sacrifice..." sniper rifles are the only ones I want to use and I ended up finding both of them on the Siren instead of my hunter:(

I'm a level 22 Hunter right now, but I think my next character will be a Siren. They seemed to be the most interesting classes to me.
But just now when my hunter reached New Haven the vendor had a 127x7 damage, 77% damage 6-shot revolver with zoom on my hunter! That kind of weapon justifies respeccing from sniping into pistols! Damn thing cost 88k out of my 98k savings! This paired with my revolver which generates ammo should at least take him into the 30s before it'll be time to replace that weapon.
Nice. I've been using a 27x7 revolver that's pretty much exactly like that (although much less powerful of course). I can one-shot kill most enemies with a critical hit.

I have a lvl 43 Brick on playthrough 2 right now, just got out of Fyrestone. After playthrough 1, I debated whether or not to start a Siren or continue with Brick. I decided to continue after looking at the Siren's skill tree and realizing that the phase walk ultimate skill is bugged right now... Also, none of her skills really stuck out to me. Having played through once, I ran through the various scenarios in my head as the Siren and decided to stick with Brick.

Money isn't a real issue... respeccing costs around 6k out of my 4.5 million gold... Right now I'm focused on Rockets and Berserking... 30 second berserk cooldown wich each rocket taking down 5 seconds of it + rocket auto regen after mobs die is pretty good... not to mention 1200 dmg rocket launcher with 5x zoom that set people on fire hehe.

My level 28 Siren finally found one of the main Siren gun templates, the Anarchy SMG. It hammers out 110x4 at high ROF and 33 accuracy. Combined with 40% SMG damage combat mod, with +2 quicksilver and +2high velocity, it's got ridiculously front-loaded damage. Anytime I see a Badass ______, I just phasewalk right onto it's toes, place the gun into it's mouth, and unphase to unleash 54 crits in under a second:D

Have a 42 Soldier and 22 Brick right now and I'm having fun with both of them. When Brick is specced in berserking, he's a total powerhouse. With duration and cooldown, you're almost constantly berserking. Fighting badass enemies is a joke as long as they're within 2-3 levels above you. Any more than that and you'll start to lose berserk while fighting them and they may be able to overcome your innate health regen while in berserk.

I have mixed feelings on my soldier, largely due to the fact that I can't find any really great weapons for him. As was said earlier in the thread, finding the orange snipers with 4x fire is pretty much a game winner. This is what he's been using for about 15 levels now, and while the shot itself doesn't do that much, the fire itself can do ~3000 per second with all the flames added up (about 400 each flame tick).

The strange thing is that the orange snipers with 4x acid/shock/explode are terrible in comparison to fire. Corrosion doesn't tick near as fast or as hard as flames and explosion only counts for one extra hit. Shock can be half decent for fighting enemies towards the end game as they have huge shields and low health, but you only encounter them in the last two zones.

Interesting, I picked the Assassin skill tree, I'm guessing you picked the elemental one?

yea im firefly build using phoenix right now, im planning on switching to an anarchy or plaguebearer build, the firefly builds con is i keep blowing barrels up and hurting myself

Back