Borderlands PC download for $7 Microsoft Store

thanks for the link had this game on my wishlist on steam picking this up now ;)

Everyone of my friends has this. We play every now and then. Excellent game. Well worth 7 bucks.

Anything I should know about downloading games from microsoft.com?

Single player is still a very fun experience, especially if you're a loot monkey. Well worth $7.

AND I keep stumbling over missions. They are side missions but for someone who is like me and a completionist, this game keeps me awake at night.

Good game, recommend it (especially with friends), but since when has Borderlands been a GFWL game?!?!

I just d/l'ed this, but I can't figure out how to play online... seems like theres no one else on? Then I found one game, and joined, but it said I was too far behind in the story? It still let me connect, but the host kicked me. Can anyone explain how online play works?

Single player is still a very fun experience, especially if you're a loot monkey. Well worth $7.

Totally agree. Id go so far as to say its worth $30 even for single player.

I dont do MP so I play everything in SP, even L4D. Borderlands doesnt have a ground breaking SP game or epic story or anything like that but it does have one that is a shit load of fun. Plenty of bad guys to kill and more weapons and ammo than you can shake your dick at. The scenery and graphics are very cool so youll catch yourself every once in a while just looking around.

The gameplay is as solid as any FPS. Stay within your difficulty level and they remain challenging but never to the point of rage. About the perfect blend for impatient, short tempered types like me.

So yeah its not game of the year or anything but it is a lot of fun and definitely worth checking out if you like shooters.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. I have a feeling this is a really stupid question but is this a PC download or only for the xbox. Reason I ask is because, when I go to order it, it wants me to create a "gamer tag" or some such nonsense first and it takes me to an xbox page to do it.

If it is for the PC then I might get it. Anyone what the Micrposoft fascists have as a DRM on this game? Am I going to have to be online to play it?

The PC game is on sale at walmart for $14 if you prefer having a physical copy. I paid the extra cash for a hard copy, and not waiting for the download :)

If anyone wants to play co-op my SteamID is yamahaalex37, and Xfire is yamahaalex371, thanks!

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. I have a feeling this is a really stupid question but is this a PC download or only for the xbox. Reason I ask is because, when I go to order it, it wants me to create a "gamer tag" or some such nonsense first and it takes me to an xbox page to do it.

If it is for the PC then I might get it. Anyone what the Micrposoft fascists have as a DRM on this game? Am I going to have to be online to play it?

PC download.

don't all your dlc games go poof if your account/xbox gets banned?

Interesting question but how in the world are you going to get ban from xbox live on pc? for flashing your dvd burner with a custom firmware? LOL kidding!
Seriously though I wonder if you xbox live account gets ban from xbox 360 will it also get ban on the pc?
I just bought a 360 less than a week ago and I'm using the same xbox live account I used for my pc.

PC download.

Thanks and thanks to all who responded.

Robotchild I may just go and get the hard copy for $14. When you download games from Steam or this Windows Games site do you actually have the option to burn an ISO to disk for future reloads or do you have to go back to them? While I love the idea of being able to download games I don't like the idea of them having so much control over what I consider to be my game once I have paid for it. I am obviously unfamiliar with how those particular download sites work. I know that Good Old Games (gog.com) doesn't operate that way.

As an aside, for those who are unfamiliar with Good Old Games you should really check it out.

It may interest other members that you can buy the game with points. It costs 600 points so if you did like I did and bought a 4000 point card for $40 online, you're getting the game for $6.

Did this go up in price? It's $7.49 now. Not that it's not a good deal still.

Do you have to have the windows live gamer junk and all that once you download it? Can it transfer to steam?

Do you have to have the windows live gamer junk and all that once you download it? Can it transfer to steam?

yeah you need Game for windows live install I don't think you can transfer it to steam. I tried that with my copy of Warhammer that I bought through Game for Windows Live and couldn't transfer the key to Steam.

Last edited:
yeah you need windows live install, don't think you can transfer it to steam. I tried that with my copy of Warhammer I bought the expansion pack on Windows Live and couldn't transfer the key to Steam.
I have windows live messenger and a xbox live gamer tag. Do I need to have windows live messenger on in order to play the game?

I have windows live messenger and a xbox live gamer tag. Do I need to have windows live messenger on in order to play the game?

Not at all the only thing require is to have Game for Windows Live install (I got the names confused I didn't mean the chat application lol). You can used your xbox live gamer tag to login to it and buy the game and play.

Last edited:
got the game for 10 bucks at target for the pc. AWESOME game, pick it up!!!!!

That's strange. Always assumed GFWL store only sold games that required GFWL for matchmaking. Need to fire my copy, maybe they ditched Gamespy, not likely..

The PC game is on sale at walmart for $14 if you prefer having a physical copy. I paid the extra cash for a hard copy, and not waiting for the download :)

I'll bet i'll be playing the game before you make it to the store, and back and install the game and then download/install whatever patches aren't on the disk. ;)

I'll bet i'll be playing the game before you make it to the store, and back and install the game and then download/install whatever patches aren't on the disk. ;)

Amen, usually that is the point of d/l games, less waiting.

I ended up just getting off steam. Bloody hell this is a fun game. I should have had this long ago.

I recommend enabling vsync, dx10,fov change, google the ini changes to really trick this game out.

Back