• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Borderlands looking awesome

Dang wish I didn't see that vid :D I was starting to accept the new graphic design, but after seeing those original graphics they look twenty billion times cooler, sort of Half Life 2 cool. WTF were they smoking thinking of redoing it in the new style would be better :(

same I am really disappointed. They probably changed the graphics so low end systems could run the game, thus expanding their market. Can't say I blame em look at blizzard they do the same thing. I am willing to take the sacrifice in eye candy as long quality of everything else is perfect... because if the combat, rpg, and multiplayer elements work like they should then this game is gonna be huge....
 
same I am really disappointed. They probably changed the graphics so low end systems could run the game, thus expanding their market. Can't say I blame em look at blizzard they do the same thing. I am willing to take the sacrifice in eye candy as long quality of everything else is perfect... because if the combat, rpg, and multiplayer elements work like they should then this game is gonna be huge....

I agree I am still open minded to it being a cool game, and am sure the new graphics once in motion playing in front of my face on my monitor will look good, I hope :cool:
 
weird, i still prefer the 'new' graphics compared to the ones at E3, the old gfx make the game look just like some other game...it doesnt pop out, no character, which seems to be a running theme with most games these days.
 
weird, i still prefer the 'new' graphics compared to the ones at E3, the old gfx make the game look just like some other game...it doesnt pop out, no character, which seems to be a running theme with most games these days.

The original look was just fine. The selling point of this game has always been the ability for the game to create a ridiculous amount of weaponry.

Now the game looks like every other "new" game coming out. I personally think cell shading looks like complete shit, there is no depth to it. Looks like cardboard cutouts running around a smeared canvas.
 
weird, i still prefer the 'new' graphics compared to the ones at E3, the old gfx make the game look just like some other game...it doesnt pop out, no character, which seems to be a running theme with most games these days.

yes you have a good point...the original graphics look cool at first, but they dont make me remember the game or anything afterwords, but the new style sure makes me recall the exact game name and stuff.
 
The new look is much better than the old one I think. They have much more personality and give the game its very own distinct feel in the land of shooters. Which goes along perfectly with its distinct RPG elements.
 
New graphics > Old Graphics.

Cell shading done well is so beautiful. This game reminds me of Crackdown, oh how I miss Crackdown.
 
i'm curious how the customization is going to transfer over to the co-op play. especially considering that you will take the roll of one of the four main characters.

for example, if you're single player character is a "warrior" or something, will you be stuck w/ a particular character or will any of them be capable of being a warrior. Looking at the trailer, the chick is some kind of "rogue" or spy or something. what if you have 4 buddies and they are all warriors but only one main character is a warrior.

but yeah, i'm excited about the game.
 
The original look was just fine. The selling point of this game has always been the ability for the game to create a ridiculous amount of weaponry.

Now the game looks like every other "new" game coming out. I personally think cell shading looks like complete shit, there is no depth to it. Looks like cardboard cutouts running around a smeared canvas.

I agree. Cell Shading seems to be the easy way out. Or at least looks that way.
 
Borderlands.

Yeah I had been waiting for a couple of years for this game and had high hopes for this game until they ruined it with the new art direction. The game looks like total shit now compared to what it used to. Thanks for the update regardless.

They made it awesome now compared to the generic shitfest it looked like before.
 
The original look was just fine. The selling point of this game has always been the ability for the game to create a ridiculous amount of weaponry.

Now the game looks like every other "new" game coming out. I personally think cell shading looks like complete shit, there is no depth to it. Looks like cardboard cutouts running around a smeared canvas.

???
What game does this look like? Conversely, the old look was generic as shit. Looked like rage meets fallout 3 meets every other game we've seen for the last decade.
 
new vid http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay-montage-borderlands/54861


this game looks stupid as hell. I mean who wants points and all that other nonsense on the screen the whole time?

Dude, this is an action RPG. Diablo in first person with guns. Those 'points' just indicate how much damage you're doing to an enemy, and how much XP you're gaining, which is quite common in... you guessed it, RPGs.

I like it, but I'm confident they will implement an option for that.

And yes, they already stated it's optional, although on by default.
 
Dude, this is an action RPG. Diablo in first person with guns. Those 'points' just indicate how much damage you're doing to an enemy, and how much XP you're gaining, which is quite common in... you guessed it, RPGs.



And yes, they already stated it's optional, although on by default.
well obviously I am not much of a rpg guy but Fallout 3 certainly didnt do that though. anyway if that crap can be turned off then thats certainly good to hear.
 
Borderlands Before:

borderlands_3.jpg



001.jpg



bord_large_1.jpg



Borderlands Now. (cartoony crapfest)

Borderlands_E3_Screenshot_6.jpg



borderlands_ss5_full.jpg



BorderlandsE3Screenshot1.jpg




I hope your are right Zoachus

oh wow the graphics look really awesome
 
Looks crap, hate the art direction. Cell shading turns me off instantly
 
btw, this game isn't cel shaded folks. If you think it is, you don't know what cel shading is. It's also not "cell" shaded, but that's only because there's no such thing as cell shading.
 
???
What game does this look like? Conversely, the old look was generic as shit. Looked like rage meets fallout 3 meets every other game we've seen for the last decade.

btw, this game isn't cel shaded folks. If you think it is, you don't know what cel shading is. It's also not "cell" shaded, but that's only because there's no such thing as cell shading.

This.

The artistic direction was a smart move and it looks great.
 
btw, this game isn't cel shaded folks. If you think it is, you don't know what cel shading is. It's also not "cell" shaded, but that's only because there's no such thing as cell shading.

Cel-shaded, Cell-shaded, whatever, it still looks appalling!

Randy Pitchford says it isn't cel-shaded but it looks similar enough to warrant concern
 
The few screenshots I was able to view don't look that great but in the end, gameplay >>>>>> graphics and this one sounds interesting.

2009 sucked so bad for PC gaming that I'll take anything at this point.
 
The few screenshots I was able to view don't look that great but in the end, gameplay >>>>>> graphics and this one sounds interesting.

2009 sucked so bad for PC gaming that I'll take anything at this point.

I am foaming at the mouth for both this game, and Operation Flashpoint 2, both coming in October, along with the new AMD 5870 :cool: October will be a PC Gamers geeked out month.
 
Please ignore the trolls guys.

Anyone who says the graphics look like crap are obviously the pinnacle of human stupidity or are trolling.
I also somewhat doubt someone that brain dead could even post here, so I assume it must be trolling.
 
Please ignore the trolls guys.

Anyone who says the graphics look like crap are obviously the pinnacle of human stupidity or are trolling.
I also somewhat doubt someone that brain dead could even post here, so I assume it must be trolling.

Just because one person doesn't like the art direction and their view differs from yours doesn't warrant calling one stupid or a troll. In fact this only proves how ignorant you are.
 
Last edited:
Please ignore the trolls guys.

Anyone who says the graphics look like crap are obviously the pinnacle of human stupidity or are trolling.
I also somewhat doubt someone that brain dead could even post here, so I assume it must be trolling.

YOUR post could be considered trolling as well. It was an opinion, and just because it differs from yours does not make it incorrect. Be aware that personal attacks and name calling are against the forum rules. As far as i am concerned, you didn't cross that line, but it's close.

So feel free to post YOUR opinions, just don't proceed to flame a guy just because his opinion is different from yours.
 
never saw the originals but i think the art direction / style of this is awesome.

i hated tf2 when i first saw it, but after playing it a bit, i like the style they went for (still cant get into the game itself though haha).

If this delivers in realtime, i think it might be one of the best looking games to date for my tastes. hopefully the gameplay kills though. now im stuck deciding if i wanna spend my monthly game budget for oct on MW2 or this....
 
I thought the guys at PCGamer said they changed it so they wouldn't be viewed as a Fallout clone.

Looks good to me though, gameplay is the most important thing to me any ways.
 
This game will be mine, but likely the 360 version since I have about 8 co workers buying it on that platform and 0 on PC.
 
This game will be mine, but likely the 360 version since I have about 8 co workers buying it on that platform and 0 on PC.

Ugh man, that is a bummer. I hate FPSs on consoles. I am not a console-hater, I think some games are far superior with a controller than a m/k... but m/k are the way to go with a FPS.
 
Ugh man, that is a bummer. I hate FPSs on consoles. I am not a console-hater, I think some games are far superior with a controller than a m/k... but m/k are the way to go with a FPS.

I normally really hated console FPS games until I played some multiplayer Halo on the 360 with brother and rocked his friends that had been playing for years lol. It was maybe the third time I ever played a FPS with the 360 controller because I used to hate the controls so much...

I did bad the first round, and it felt like I was playing in slow motion so I cranked the sensitivity to the max and the next round I was owning face. I guess my reflexes are just tuned the high sensitivity that I have been using on my mouse for years.

Definitely give it a try, but I will would choose a m/k over a controller any day.
 
Back
Top