Borderlands 2 Update Released

Inserting the "screw borderlands and that big poo head randy pitchford I'm never buying a gearbox title again" required post. :mad:

As a huge fan of "The Birthday Massacre", I notice some very similar design work going on here with the logo. Yay for more Borderlands, time to start playing Round 2.

Inserting the "screw borderlands and that big poo head randy pitchford I'm never buying a gearbox title again" required post. :mad:

Yeah... except BL is actually good, and worth paying for. Sure I would never in a million years (and did not) buy A:CM. But that's how you do it right? Buy the good stuff, don't buy the bad stuff, and then maybe some day they'll stop releasing the bad stuff because they make money when they actually try with the good stuff. Also, free or cheap add-ons to a game you already like (at least in my case) sounds good to me. People call all this DLC nickel and diming (and in some company's cases, I can see that,) but BL and BL2 are already a good value without DLC, so making the game bigger as they get more content together.... ...how is that bad again? Definitely get the bad-taste-in-mouth thing if you got burned on a bad game from GB or any other company, but the fact is BL is a good game.

I liked the Torgue-focused DLC, the Tiny Tina DLC, and the level cap changes. Some of the initial Season Pass DLC (Hammerlock and Scarlett) were a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Sure, all of them have some copy-paste enemies with palette swaps--fine, except the bad sticks out more (Hammerlock/Scarlett) if there isn't a hilarious story going on at the same time (Torgue/Tina).

The base Borderlands 2 game is definitely good, though. Especially since it got over whether it was going to be a parody full of sociopathic hero humor or not.

You know, I'd rather get all the DLC at once as an expansion instead of getting nickle and dimed to death.
With that being said, Borderlands 1&2 were both great games completely worth full retail cost (at least to me). I payed full retail on console to play with friends and family and bought them both on Steam sale for my pc.
That being said, man I'd love to have Steam go full cross platform. Buy the game once, play it on every platform you own be it PC, Xbox, PS4, Vita or Android. Give users THAT option and they'll embrace full digital.

That being said, man I'd love to have Steam go full cross platform. Buy the game once, play it on every platform you own be it PC, Xbox, PS4, Vita or Android. Give users THAT option and they'll embrace full digital.

That would be sweet but it will never happen. Sucks, I hate buying the same games over and over for different platforms (BL2, Zen Pinball, etc)

Gah, NO EDIT?

I was going to say I'm impressed with the longevity of BL2 but I gave up after Tiny Tina... and I'm not one to play the same game over and over so I'm not interested in badass mode. If I had friends that had time to play co-op with maybe.

They need to put the DLC to rest and get busy finishing up BL3... it's been 2 years already right?

Gah, NO EDIT?

I was going to say I'm impressed with the longevity of BL2 but I gave up after Tiny Tina... and I'm not one to play the same game over and over so I'm not interested in badass mode. If I had friends that had time to play co-op with maybe.

They need to put the DLC to rest and get busy finishing up BL3... it's been 2 years already right?

When I played the first BL, I was just freshly out of work for a few months during the summer. So I'd go outside and play all day, then come home, and play BL with 2-3 friends who also happened to not be working at the time. We played the hell out of co-op. I think I put in 220 hours or so over the course of those few weeks/months. Then I got another job and didn't touch it again. And now that I have a little bit of time now and then, the same friends don't, so it rarely ever matches up this way. I agree though. With BL2, I played mostly solo with occasional joins from friends, and it wasn't nearly as fun. I still got more than my money worth out of it though. I haven't played the last few DLCs for it though, so that may reinvigorate it for a while. I think I have 3-4 of them to play.

The play button for the video was covering part of the title, so my brain filled in the blanks:

Mad Moxi and the
Wedding Day
Massage

The play button for the video was covering part of the title, so my brain filled in the blanks:

Mad Moxi and the
Wedding Day
Massage

Me too! But then, looking at your forum alias, I can already tell we think a bit alike. :D (one of my favorite movies of all time)

Back