Bootleg Star Fox 2 SNES Cartridges Up For Sale

monkeymagick

[H]News
Although no time was wasted ripping the ROM of Star Fox 2 of the recently released Super NES Classic Edition. Apparently, you can already find unofficial copies up for sale of the previously unreleased title on eBay and other online sites. Not too surprising, but some copies have sold north of $60 nearly as much as system itself.

The bootleg cartridges even have nice labels based on the game's new art. And it looks like collectors are snapping them up, especially with the SNES Classic already hard to find post-launch day...

I finished that game already (albeit only on normal difficulty), for some reason it's much shorter than Star Fox 1.

I have been seeing Bootleg copies of Star Fox 2 for the last few years, based on the bug fixed leaked version (which is basically the same).

chenw, are you sure Star Fox 2 is shorter. Yes, it is short, but I just beat Star Fox yesterday in about 50m (I know because the SNES mini told me when I hit reset). The original isn't exactly long either.

chenw, are you sure Star Fox 2 is shorter. Yes, it is short, but I just beat Star Fox yesterday in about 50m (I know because the SNES mini told me when I hit reset). The original isn't exactly long either.

Star Fox has some replayability with different paths, secret levels and bosses to find.

I couldn't stand the original SF with it's choppy game play when it originally came out. I hear the SF2 is worse than the original.

Yeah, I haven't been hearing great things about this game. Definitely not on my list of "to collect". Never really liked this series actually. I mean, it's not horrible, and I can see why some people might like it. However, while the people I know that played it were busy with it, I was busy playing space sims on my Amiga and PCs. It's really one of the few Nintendo franchises that I don't really care for. Just my opinion of course. I know some people swear by it, and would tell me to fuck off and do a barrel roll. :p

Back