• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bootcamp partitions?

DrNic2032

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
125
I'm using a macbook pro (2.4GHz Duo, 2GB, 160GB). Toward the end of this yar, after I defend my thesis and move on, I'm going to upgrade the ram, wipe the drive and reinstall. I want to setup a dual boot with bootcamp for OSX (10.6) and Win7 64bit. Since this is a machine I will use exclusively for though I want to setup a 3rd Data/Storage partition that is accessible from both OSes. I was thinking 40GB/40GB/80GB for Mac/Win/Data.

Is this do-able? I don't know anyone who has used bootcamp before and a friend of mine who heard my plan thought that there might be issues in getting windows to see the data partition because of the manner in which Mac partitions drives.

Any help or links to tutorials on how to do this would be great. Thanks!
 
Yes, it's possible. A quick Google search pulled up this dated guide. Boot Camp hasn't really changed since it was introduced so the general steps should still apply.
 
Mac OS X can read NTFS, so you can just pull any data from the windows partition to your Mac side.
Windows (with Snow Leopard Boot Camp Drivers) can read HFS+, so you can just pull any data from the Mac side into your Windows side.

There's no need for a 3rd partition acting as a buffer for data swapping. I know this wasn't your question, but thought I'd still mention it.
 
Back
Top