Bootcamp Fan Control

xref

Gawd
After searching for a fan controller that works with the new Unibody MBP for days, I found one that actually works...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lubbofancontrol/

I had to set the min and max speeds for both fans to 3500 in order to get reasonable temps when running Windows.

I hope you guys find this useful.

IMO Apple is smarter than you. There is an entire group of engineers that test Windows running on Macs and if there was going to be a issue with temps, they would do something about it.

I think its just our enthuisast mind-set thinking that we need to have lower temps interfeering. I don't know what you consider "reasonable temps" but I'm sure the temps you where getting previously where well withing the official processors thermal limits specified my Intel.

/cliffs

Leave it alone, there is no reason to need the temps lower.

;)

Problem is that it gets toasty and uncomfortable. The components might be fine but the user is not. Its usually not so bad on a PC since most are plastic however the aluminum really conducts heat well (in a bad way).

IMO Apple is smarter than you. There is an entire group of engineers that test Windows running on Macs and if there was going to be a issue with temps, they would do something about it.

I think its just our enthuisast mind-set thinking that we need to have lower temps interfeering. I don't know what you consider "reasonable temps" but I'm sure the temps you where getting previously where well withing the official processors thermal limits specified my Intel.

/cliffs

;)

The nice thing about SMC (as far as I can tell) is it only changes the minimum fan speed. It makes a very noticeable difference in comfort with my non-unibody mbp.

When ripping a CD with my computer plugged in and on a table, temps get up to the low 70ºc. Would you like to rest your wrists on that?

/cliffs

;)

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Just to warn you though, explaining things in logical statements on this forum will usually get you flamed. :rolleyes:

You seem to be the one who is trying to incite a flame war. Plus what is there to flame about a discussion on fan control?

I can attest that while running windows the fans do not appear to be effectively cooling down my computer. I tried playing some steam games until i realized my case was way hotter than I would like a computer to be. I mean it gets hot while playing games in OSX but nowhere near the level i experienced in windows.

/cliffs

;)

So explain to me why my MBP hangs when I play COD4 and why it hasn't since I raised the fan speeds?

Back