• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bootcamp 1.3 beta update

KaosDG

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 3, 2000
Messages
11,939
Apple released a new version of Bootcamp, version 1.3

This one includes updated video drivers, and MBP Backlit keyboard support, among other updates / fixes.

Boot Camp 1.3 beta includes:
Support for keyboard backlighting (MacBook Pro only)
Apple Remote pairing
Updated graphics drivers
Improved Boot Camp driver installer
Improved international keyboard support
Localization fixes
Updated Windows Help for Boot Camp

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
 
Hmm. I haven't even used Windows for a few months and I'm tempted to install this new BootCamp stuff and try out the new Parallels stuff as well.
 
I'm running 1.2 what's the best way to update this and how do I get the new video drivers? Are there other drivers that are updated as well?

Will titan quest run in windows now?

I have a macbook
 
You need to download the dmg file from Apple, then run the installer to upgrade your current Bootcamp install on the OS X side; then burn a new driver-disc from the Bootcamp assistant and then install those on the windows side.
 
bootcamp 1.3 works perfectly and on a side note titan quest still won't run on a macbook :cool:
 
Just a note in case you guys don't want to "burn a driver disc" because you don't have blank discs and not want to use a DVD for 300MB worth of data.(my case) Not sure if it's new, but I noticed you can output the content of the driver CD to a location and simply use a USB thumb drive to instal while in bootcamp. :)
 
i just did a fresh XP install, and installed bootcamp 1.3

i couldnt get windows to boot afterwards, it would blue screen crash right after WINDOWS XP logo.

installed correctly....hmmm....
 
1.3 is pretty awesome. I thought 1.2 would be the final release until the final Boot Camp comes out in Leopard.

I like how they're now letting me use my MBP backlight for the keyboard and also how they have the notifications on screen, when you're changing the brightness etc.
 
Back
Top