bootable usd drive?

known12345

Limp Gawd
Due to past problems, I decided it may be nice to have a bootable usb drive in the event the OS became corrupted and I need to access files on the drive. With that said, there are various articles on the web on how to create a bootable usb drive but few (recently updated ones) actually recommend a specific type of usb drive. More importantly, what constitutes a good bootable usb drive? Is there an idle amount of space I need (2 gb, 4 gb, 8gb, 16gb)? Does size even matter? Do I want a specific usb drive with fast read or fast write? Does it even matter?

I ask because looking at the various usb drives on newegg, I am confused on which one I should get or if there even is a difference between the drives besides aesthetics? I understand that the quality of the build is important (some drives are water resistant, shock resistant, etc) but other than that, are the usb drives relatively the same (ofcourse they have different read/write speeds, but in terms of having a bootable usb drive)?

It might be nice to use the largest you can becuase that way if you need to get files off the drive you can copy them directly to that usb drive with less fuss.

Back