• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bootable USB for Stress Testing

hiodie

Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
900
Not sure where to post this, but is there a program/OS out there that would allow me to put it on a USB, boot from it, and then run basic stress testing/temperature monitoring programs? I seem to buy some random pieces secondhand and just want to make sure everything is alright without screwing up my main systems or bothering with a full windows install. I saw Stresslinux, but it mentions that users should be familiar with Linux console, which I am not (never used Linux).

Would it be easier to do a slipstreamed install of XP with the programs already on there? I haven't messed with that either, but if its the easiest/best way, I can always learn. And I'm not sure if its possible, but I would like something that I didn't have to install all of the drivers to use. Thanks.
 
Would it be easier to do a slipstreamed install of XP with the programs already on there? I haven't messed with that either, but if its the easiest/best way, I can always learn. And I'm not sure if its possible, but I would like something that I didn't have to install all of the drivers to use. Thanks.

Well I dunno about bootable USB software to hardcore testing, but what i can tell you is that Windows XP can't boot from a USB, because when WinXP starts loading, the USB ports are reinitialized so no WinXP.
 
Back
Top