Bootable Linux Disc w/ AntiVirus

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
I am currently working on a clients PC, where there seems to be a trouble w/ Windows or it has a virus. Currently I am unable to get to the desktop and access files through Windows, so I attempted to boot into Knoppix STD. I was able to boot after a couple tries, but found that I could only read and not write to anything: laptop HDD, thumb drive, external HDD. The very very last thing I want to do is reformat w/o getting a few pictures off of the HDD for my client. Right now I'm in need of a bootable Linux distro w/ an antivirus scanner. Evidently Knoppix doesn't have one. So if someone could direct me to a good, bootable, antivirus-capable Linux distro (or at least a distro that allows me to move files from the lappy to an external device), that'd be most appreciated.

BTW: This is a client from Japan, so Windows is currently in Japanese. She says she wants to have an English version of XP, but in case she needs to go back to Japanese, if someone could give me a link to a language pack or something like that for Japanese, that'd be awesome. I'll probably end up reformatting anyways, but I don't think she has any Restore Disks w/ her lappy, so I'll end up installing an English version of XP.

Back