boot using USB ASUS P5Q Pro

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I am trying to install Windows 7 from USB Drive. Now the drive has been created but when I go to BIOS>Boot Device Priority and set removable storage as first BOOT device it doesn't boot using the USB. In the device option there is no option of USB boot so I presume its the removable storage is the USB

I know for a fact that the P5Q PRO supports USB booting since at work I have a server with that motherboard that never had a DVD drive. At home also have a P5Q PRO that I have many times booted from a usb stick.

Have you tried hitting the key to bring up the boot menu. I can not remember if it is escape, F12, F10 or F8..

I am trying to install Windows 7 from USB Drive. Now the drive has been created but when I go to BIOS>Boot Device Priority and set removable storage as first BOOT device it doesn't boot using the USB. In the device option there is no option of USB boot so I presume its the removable storage is the USB
You're just missing the BIOS trick but I can't remember what it is.

Maybe I had to have the bootable USB drive drive inserted and reboot to make the BIOS see the drive?

Whatever you do disconnect every drive except the USB and drive "C".

I'm sure the USB boot process in the manual.

I would check your USB drive on another machine first to test. I had a P5Q Pro for a good while and never once had an optical drive on it.

In the boot priority it will only have ONE storage drive available. What you first need to do is go to the "hard drives" boot menu in the bios, and change that to USB STORAGE. Then change the boot option to hard drive (which should now display the USB drive).

Back