boot problems

XBLiNKX

[H]ard|Gawd
my a7n8x deluxe boots to a nvidia boot agent and hangs there for awhile then says can not find bootdisk. I have 2 SATA drives and it says there are there, I also tried booting from cd rom and it does the same thing. Any ideas?

i tried that, its not booting to anything. I don't know whats wrong.

hmm...i've never had a problem like that with my a7n8x, if you have a floppy drive (not ls-120) you could try putting a copy of awdflash on it and a copy of the latest bios (1007 i believe), and press the keys it tells you too to flash a new copy (shift+f1 i think) and it attempts to flash your bios without needing a valid boot device, i've never done this personally since i have an ls-120 drive and that functionality is only supported with the floppy controller

i am gonna try my old ram, I just got this ram i am tring to use I will see if this works..

Sounds like your PC is defaulting to boot from LAN. You may not have anything properly configured to boot before it.

it hangs on boot from cd. Yes is does seem to try and boot from the LAN adators then after that says to please insert a system disk.

I got it to boot from an IDE harddrive but it got a bluescreen error. Most likely cuz windowsxp was on it out of another system and it didn't like changed.

well I guess it just didn't like the cdrw and dvd drive I was tring to boot from. I finally took out my newest 52xcdrw drive and it actually booted from windows cd

Back